Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones F90 M5

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
They are a really lovely wheel. Whatever you decide, you’ll have to be going some to get them to look shit on your M5!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
682C814C-CD13-448A-A3AB-79CC8A381C49.jpeg

Bit of TLC today and after all that, I think I’ll just leave them as they are!

Amazing the difference proper centre caps make as well.

6B091765-48DE-43FE-BE46-682B6D026AD3.jpeg

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Is it me or does your right leg appear twice the size of your left leg

Last edited by a moderator:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Driving into work today in the M5 for only the second time since I got it back and I can't help appreciate how good it is. I've been hooning around in the TTS for the better part of three weeks and getting back into the M5, it's like a comfortable limo in comparison (it's not, but the 20" wheels on the TTS and the low suspension mean you feel every bump).

I can see why this car gets such a good write-up. I'd been taking it for granted recently but it really is an awesome piece of machinery. Cruising around in Sport mode it's responsive yet effortless and then when you dip the pedal you're off like a scalded cat. I've yet to try an electric car and my understanding is that the performance is instant so maybe I can expect a similar experience, but I don't think I'll be getting rid of this any time soon unless finances compel me to. I've fallen in love with it all over again.

What a machine it is....

.... Although a stone chip has disintegrated my front surround view camera yesterday, so that's more bloody money I need to spend on the bastard! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm not feeling that to be honest. Looks unfinished to me and the curvature of the spoke in real life is quite shallow at that point so I'm sure how practical it would be in terms of getting a finished edge on the diamond cut.

It was just a thought, it is what I would go for, its OEM+ I actually like the standard wheels and they suit the car, they are just not big enough!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Very nice., but are they matching, looks like Maxton rears and Carbon sides?

The sides are M Performance for the normal 5 series that have been painted gloss black and the rears are Maxton gloss black.

Feel that they finish the line off a bit better.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The sides are M Performance for the normal 5 series that have been painted gloss black and the rears are Maxton gloss black.

Feel that they finish the line off a bit better.
Yes they do, just messing with my OCD a bit as the rears look thicker!

ignore me mate I’m Sick!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
No you’re right. They are a bit thicker but that’s not that much in it.

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Every time I try and change something, piece of trim etc, something breaks. Changed the threat bumper trim on the Disco and now the rear parking sensors won’t work. New loom on order..

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Every time I try and change something, piece of trim etc, something breaks. Changed the threat bumper trim on the Disco and now the rear parking sensors won’t work. New loom on order..

New loom? Assume you checked the connectors first?