Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Mrs Moonstone's Q5 Edition 1

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Picked this up this morning. It's about 5 months old. Q5 2.0 TFSI Edition 1 in Ultra Blue with Comfort & Sound Pack.

Not much planned for this other than black badges (arriving tomorrow) and some protective bits for the rear bumper and interior. I'm going to refit the rear Xtrons screens that I had in the Range Rover in this for the kids. I quite like this and I've already coded in Traffic Sign Recognition with OBDeleven this morning.

Not actually driven it yet but it's 265bhp so should be pokey. The only thing I'm not keen on is the MASSHOOSIV arch gap. No air suspension on trim level (even as an option) other than Vorsprung (and that's bloody extortionate).

The latest Audi tech is very nice. Maps and displays in general are pin-sharp. The Vitrual Cockpit on the TT is fuzzy in comparison. Although I hate that they've done away with the rotary wheel and your forced to use touch for everything now.

Surprisingly, it's only around 100mm shorter, narrower and lower than the Range Rover Sport. But to look at it seems much, much smaller than that.

Here's some dealer pics:

C82FD7A0-5913-45DA-845A-C0D7815EAE63.jpeg

1DE287CF-5986-41D1-9F1A-4EE6BC63C1A6.jpeg

07CCDD96-5BDE-4992-8E8B-A8BF4F12D5BB.jpeg

2C6F4D9E-990F-4896-9D92-263C051B0F97.jpeg

813D33EC-385B-45CE-B3CF-CBBAD1E6B726.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
You appreciate it has arch gap to allow it to work well on rufty tufty surfaces don't you...

I think it looks great and any attempts to cool it up is akin to opening your fist full of fifties in a force ten gale.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
You appreciate it has arch gap to allow it to work well on rufty tufty surfaces don't you...

I think it looks great and any attempts to cool it up is akin to opening your fist full of fifties in a force ten gale.

Yeah. Totally. It doesn’t have any kind of suspension tricks that the RRS has. The 21 inch Vorsprung wheels are quite nice but the Mrs will only kerb them anyway. No, I think we’ll put running boards on it (missing the functionality of those rather than the look), the black badges and that’s about it. Not much else you can do to these.

Last edited: