Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Mrs Moonstone's Range Rover Sport

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
My modding addiction has taken over this motor so I though I might as well put up a dedicated thread for it.

Bought this between Xmas and New Year from a Subara Dealer that also has a general used car pitch called West Heath Garage in Farnborough. Check them out. They're the best car dealer I have EVER dealt with for reasons that will become clear.

The car is a very clean, 2 owner car, with the first owner having had it from new up until a year ago when it was bought by the dealer's next door neighbour. I have folder full of paperwork. Just had new tyres discs and pads and a service. It's also got the black lettering and colour coded front, side and rear bits.

Unfortunately a few hours after it arrived it developed a few faults which I've documented in the Range Rover thread here: https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-range-rover-thread.89/

West Heath were fantastic. Spared no expense and were very proactive. The car went in to my local Land Rover dealer and they sorted everything at considerable expense to West Heath (£142/hour labour for starters!).

Since getting the car, I've done the following:
  • New style front grill, Gloss black side vents, gloss black bonnet vents (these are currently the face lift style but I think I'm going to paint the silver bits of the originals and put them back on)
  • Black Land Rover Badges front and rear
  • Updated black and silver rear "SPORT" badge
  • Updated rear lights - smoked style from Powerful UK. These malfunctioned and I sent them back for a refund and then bought a set of GLOHH GL-5is instead
  • Tinted the front headlights - front fogs are TBA to match
  • Fitted black roof bars
  • Fitted Merryway Android Infotainment unit with Carplay
  • New centre caps and black bolts for the wheels.
  • Fitted the Blue LED footwell lights and matching under-door lights from PowerfulUK - These come with much brighter white LED lights for the boot as well. These are fantastic and make a rear difference to the interior at night. They also dim down when you start the engine.
Ordered and yet to be completed:
  • Newer Heater Control Panel which includes the click-able temperature dials to activate heated/cooled seats. This means that you can do this without using the touchscreen dialogue - very handy with me having the Android unit installed.
  • Full Lumma style body-kit. This is currently sitting in a massive box to be dropped off at the body shop on Monday. Plan is to get them to paint it all and I'll fit it myself but given it might be two-man job and the weather we're having, I might just get them to fit it as well
  • Carbon fibre door card trims are on their way from China. Bit of a gamble these. Not sure of the quality
  • Spray Brake Calipers Orange and apply black Brembo decals
Here's some pics!

730a2cf3-370e-4d56-b519-37f15badd76b.jpg

c821a25b-d6c1-4943-9d92-bf7f88ae4af9.jpg

f925fb67-89bd-45ec-8226-71c4cd994fd7.jpg

range back.jpg

Here's a video showing the blue LED footwell lights:

...and one showing the start-up animation of the GLOHH tail lights:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lovely car. I do like those rear lights, very cool.

Is your wife enjoying it compared to what she has had before?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Lovely car. I do like those rear lights, very cool.

Is your wife enjoying it compared to what she has had before?

Who cares!? I like it! 😂

No but seriously she finds it very easy to drive and although it’s much bigger than her last car she says it feels very similar.

Last edited:

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Firstly: Mrs Stone is a lucky lady.
Secondly: Love those GLohh's.
Thirdly: Grey :love:
Fourthly: Its just making me want one even more.
Fifthly: Enjoy in good health bud. (y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_9043.JPEG

Upgraded heater control panel fitted. This came in as standard from around 2016 I believe. It allows you to operate the heated seats by pushing the dial instead of having to press the SEATS button and go through the touchscreen dialogue. Which is very handy when you have an Android screen installed.

Last edited:

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Love the simple modifications that look good for next to nothing. Looking good matey 👍

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Love that info unit! and the hvac dials.

Really good work stone. looking like a real beaut mate.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Collected the car! Very pleased. In the end we just couldn’t get the fog lights in without fouling the intercooler pipe and given I don’t really like them (and would need to tint them) we elected not to fit them and instead paint the location brackets gloss black and attach some black mesh to the front of them. So now they look like ducts.

One thing that isn’t great is the exhaust trims. They’re not deep enough so if your standing off to the side looking at the rear you can see daylight. I’ll need to address that

The Bodyshop has done a great job. Next in the list is for me to connect up the new DRLs and finish the calipers.

B7250B91-87CA-4B80-A6C6-27B082CC14C3.jpeg
85E1566E-0216-4616-9D41-B6AD754AA6CA.jpegD8E32C58-4846-4468-AEF9-1EC08396896C.jpeg
5361DCB8-7F94-4264-B8BE-80E957AED09F.jpeg14681A98-2CA5-4136-B8DB-A3E1A374788A.jpeg42A184DE-E5D1-4823-9CD8-2BB8C52CD47A.jpeg

Attachments

• 29885108-45B1-4AF5-A072-3300CA4B0C20.jpeg
    29885108-45B1-4AF5-A072-3300CA4B0C20.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 3

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks proper mean and purposeful. Good job. I am not entirely sold on the rear for some reason, can't quite put my finger on it..:unsure: bit fussy, diffuser, vent, not sure, Love the front, and sod the lights, ducts look better. You are up close and personal, whats your thoughts Stone ?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Looks proper mean and purposeful. Good job. I am not entirely sold on the rear for some reason, can't quite put my finger on it..:unsure: bit fussy, diffuser, vent, not sure, Love the front, and sod the lights, ducts look better. You are up close and personal, whats your thoughts Stone ?

I love it. I do agree though. The rear isn’t as good as the front. Especially with the shitey fake exhaust trims.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I love it. I do agree though. The rear isn’t as good as the front. Especially with the shitey fake exhaust trims.

Did they remove the original tailpipes as they stick out and slightly turn down, or are they still there ?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Did they remove the original tailpipes as they stick out and slightly turn down, or are they still there ?

The kit comes with angled sleeves. You cut the tail pipe off just after the hanger and then slide on the sleeves which are held in place by a couple of bolts.

Last edited:

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I think you’ve got a lovely car in a great colour and I’m in awe of the tweaks you’ve been doing yourself to make it even better.

If you like the kit, than that’s all that matters.
However, I think it looks a little bit Halfords.
Either way I think some decent depth spacers will help now.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I think you’ve got a lovely car in a great colour and I’m in awe of the tweaks you’ve been doing yourself to make it even better.

If you like the kit, than that’s all that matters.
However, I think it looks a little bit Halfords.
Either way I think some decent depth spacers will help now.

Nah. Surely not Halfords. I think it looks awesome. You’re the second person that doesn’t like it. Most opinions have been really positive. I think once I sort out the exhaust trims we’ll be jamming.

Back end is definitely a bit contrived but still an improvement in my book. The front puts me in mind of a Cylon’s helmet:

1613853971720.jpeg

I am considering spacers but just a bit wary on this car given all the technological gubbins around the suspension and the propensity for it to break!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Nah. Surely not Halfords. I think it looks awesome. You’re the second person that doesn’t like it. Most opinions have been really positive. I think once I sort out the exhaust trims we’ll be jamming.

Back end is definitely a bit contrived but still an improvement in my book. The front puts me in mind of a Cylon’s helmet:

View attachment 586

I am considering spacers but just a bit wary on this car given all the technological gubbins around the suspension and the propensity for it to break!

Got to love a Cylon !!

You have to be a bit careful with Spacers, they are the bolt on type, and allow water to congregate in the center bonding them to the hub and disc, ask me how I know !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Got to love a Cylon !!

You have to be a bit careful with Spacers, they are the bolt on type, and allow water to congregate in the center bonding them to the hub and disc, ask me how I know !!

Yeah I saw that. Didn’t know about the water issue but I did have them on a car years ago and had vibration issues.

I think rather than spacers I’ll look at a more aggressive offset when I’m looking at wheels. In no hurry to do that but famous last words...

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
That looks mean as hell. Low and and very aggressive.

I think now your people will definitely move out of the way for your Mrs.

Those glohh look amazing on the side profile.

P.s love the idea and execution of the fog delete.

Good work stone. Love to see some more pics and vids.