Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Mrs Moonstone's Range Rover Sport

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yeah I saw that. Didn’t know about the water issue but I did have them on a car years ago and had vibration issues.

I think rather than spacers I’ll look at a more aggressive offset when I’m looking at wheels. In no hurry to do that but famous last words...

The wheels will always look sucked in at access height anyway (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think you’ve got a lovely car in a great colour and I’m in awe of the tweaks you’ve been doing yourself to make it even better.

If you like the kit, than that’s all that matters.
However, I think it looks a little bit Halfords.
Either way I think some decent depth spacers will help now.

That's very harsh

Its a yes from me (y) dare I say it - think it needs 22's now !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
That's very harsh

Its a yes from me (y) dare I say it - think it needs 22's now !!

@SS13 gave an objective opinion without being nasty or rude about it. So I respect his point of view. If we all liked the same things it’s be pretty boring.

...and you’re right. It does need 22s.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
@SS13 gave an objective opinion without being nasty or rude about it. So I respect his point of view. If we all liked the same things it’s be pretty boring.

...and you’re right. It does need 22s.
Thats the trouble with putting something then on reflection changing your mind before posting, it still sits there ready for when you post LOL !

Anyway - I suppose modding a Range will always invoke a difference of opinion, some just like them box fresh and that's just fine as well.

My wife now wants an Evoque Convertible again (AKA the Clog) thought I had dodged that bullet but clearly not !!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Thats the trouble with putting something then on reflection changing your mind before posting, it still sits there ready for when you post LOL !

Anyway - I suppose modding a Range will always invoke a difference of opinion, some just like them box fresh and that's just fine as well.

My wife now wants an Evoque Convertible again (AKA the Clog) thought I had dodged that bullet but clearly not !!

I have noticed that a massive part of the Range community in general are just totally anti-modding. More so than any other marque I’ve been involved in before!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have noticed that a massive part of the Range community in general are just totally anti-modding. More so than any other marque I’ve been involved in before!

I agree Unless its genuine Overfinch and not just badges LOL !! Ignore it all !

Just carry-on as you do mate, horse's for courses, I am always looking for room for improvement in everything !!

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
I wouldn't recommend you pop over to 911uk then. Some are cool, some very knowledgeable and some are very "proper".

Its sometimes akin to sitting in a posh room with hundreds of people sipping their tea in silence. You slurp yours and everyone turns around to stare at you....

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
I think you’ve got a lovely car in a great colour and I’m in awe of the tweaks you’ve been doing yourself to make it even better.

If you like the kit, than that’s all that matters.
However, I think it looks a little bit Halfords.
Either way I think some decent depth spacers will help now.

I think the front end ties in quite nicely with the current design language of LR.

The horizontal lines are very similar to the R dynamic velar. Yet the kit is more "squared off", marrying up to the boxy design of the RRS.

b7250b91-87ca-4b80-a6c6-27b082cc14c3-jpeg.579
Range-Rover-Velar-P380-R-Dynamic_Ext-18-850x567.jpg

Senna11

Racing Driver
Love your build threads, always really good. What prep was need for your brakes and what paint did you use? The plastic sheeting to protect from overspray is a great idea.

Rear lights look awesome.

Bodykit - not a fan of this and personally I think you car looks better with out it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Love your build threads, always really good. What prep was need for your brakes and what paint did you use? The plastic sheeting to protect from overspray is a great idea.

Rear lights look awesome.

Bodykit - not a fan of this and personally I think you car looks better with out it.

Did the other side today.
Just wire brush and a damp cloth. I’d normally use brake cleaner as well but didn’t have any left.

Wired up my DRLs today too and took the headlight tint off. Ive got better stuff to re-do it.

0295C9A8-CF6A-4491-9EC4-5754B79A7DA2.jpeg

C8C0E024-31DC-4EEB-8137-2509D6A898DC.jpeg3F0EEDF6-C4D1-45CB-B51D-3612BE607D50.jpeg

FBFAE387-1EC8-48EC-8EDC-42CD5852A909.jpegA5DF8FB3-C5A8-450E-93AD-B2D30B202838.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Dare I ask... what's the next mod? 😬

im not happy with the exhaust trims on the kit so I’m keeping an eye out for an alternative and some way to enclose them. They’re just a couple of inch deep trims.

Other than that I might stick 22” wheels on it but I other that a couple of wee bits and pieces I think it’s pretty much done.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
im not happy with the exhaust trims on the kit so I’m keeping an eye out for an alternative and some way to enclose them. They’re just a couple of inch deep trims.

Other than that I might stick 22” wheels on it but I other that a couple of wee bits and pieces I think it’s pretty much done.
What's the ride like on the current wheels?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
What's the ride like on the current wheels?

RRS isn’t the most luxurious ride. It does feel a bit sporty so you do feel bumps etc. That’s on 21s. So I’ve no doubt that road feedback will be even more pronounced on 22s but I do feel they look a bit small now especially with the kit on.