Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

My old M2 on track...

NISFAN

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M2
Tell us more, where, when, thoughts as a track car.

Photo captures the M2 curves perfectly šŸ‘

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Bought new March 17. Sold July 19. Did about 10k. Obvs a pre-LCI car.

Well optioned DCT car. Only non factory extras were CF rear diffuser and Pagid RS29 pads. It came with Contiā€˜s but I flipped them to MPSS. Plate was M2 YTO which might still be on it.

Ran it round Silverstone, Snetterton and Bedford (where that pic was taken).

Great fun and reliable. Only issues were patchy Apple CarPlay and airbag sensor issue (replaced under warranty).

Only sold to make way for RS4 due to dog acquisition !

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Quite different tbh mate..

CSL really has a go-kart feels to it. Low seating position, very balanced car, good weight distribution, obviously NA power delivery, good grip, sharper turn in, great steering feel to it. Feels special.

M2 seating position higher up (didn't like so much). Obviously more torquey power delivery from low down the range. Quite tail happy in Sport+ which was fun. Leaned much more in corners - I didn't have the same turn in confidence as the CSL. Steer feel nowhere near as good. Felt a little boring on track after a while. Looked great.

Obvs you can mod the M2 to address some of these points. No doubt Comp and CS address some of these (I've not driven either). I'd def have another one though.

Love them both, but I'd take the CSL on track every time and either / or on road depending on where I was going.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Quite different tbh mate..

CSL really has a go-kart feels to it. Low seating position, very balanced car, good weight distribution, obviously NA power delivery, good grip, sharper turn in, great steering feel to it. Feels special.

M2 seating position higher up (didn't like so much). Obviously more torquey power delivery from low down the range. Quite tail happy in Sport+ which was fun. Leaned much more in corners - I didn't have the same turn in confidence as the CSL. Steer feel nowhere near as good. Felt a little boring on track after a while. Looked great.

Obvs you can mod the M2 to address some of these points. No doubt Comp and CS address some of these (I've not driven either). I'd def have another one though.

Love them both, but I'd take the CSL on track every time and either / or on road depending on where I was going.

Great feedback mate, its not helping my lust for a CSL though !!

I really want one, and I also really want a 458 (which I have not managed to find the right one after several viewings) I've had a few beers, but would you keep a very nice F430 Spider and buy a CSL, or just buy a really nice 458 and have a Ā£5k hack ?

Car market is all over the place at the moment, which does not help !!

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Looks great mate, the colour really pops !

If (when!) I ever get into one of these though, I would 100% go Rosso Fuoco. I adore that colour.

I drove a 458 Spyder on Brands Hatch Indy last year and it was fantastic. Also a Mac 570s at the same time...which was great, but less fantastic. Preferred NA and nothing really beats a Ferrari :)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks great mate, the colour really pops !

If (when!) I ever get into one of these though, I would 100% go Rosso Fuoco. I adore that colour.

I drove a 458 Spyder on Brands Hatch Indy last year and it was fantastic. Also a Mac 570s at the same time...which was great, but less fantastic. Preferred NA and nothing really beats a Ferrari :)

I am actually going for a Rosso Corsa / Crema now. I know its boring and I have no imagination, but it does look stunning. Rosso Corsa is a beautiful colour and against the Crema leather its just quintessential Ferrari.