Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build My Porsche Journey

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
As mine has the Approved Used warranty and had it's 111 Point inspection I should be able to extend that at the end of the 2 years for £660 per year up to 15 years old. I think i'll be doing that as it seems good value, especially when theres no excess too!
Yes agreed. The GT4 is under warranty till November and then I’ll look to extend it too.

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
The costs come when maintaining older ones. Any 987/997 generation car will need to have had significant money spent, and/or will need significant ongoing money - radiators, air con condensors, suspension components, clutches, suspension componentry, exhausts, exhaust brackets and hangars all well corroded by now...
Yes, I tend to forget that my Boxster and Cayman will be 18 and 16 years old respectively, now, and the folk running them (if they are still on the road) will be having to set aside an annual maintenance budget and the sorts of things you mention don't come cheap do they...