Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

New C Class & C63

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
With pics of the new C-Class saloon surfacing on the net it looks to be a very handsome thing indeed. The interior is out-Tesla-ing Tesla with that the gorgeous big screen but instead of making the rest of the cabin IKEA-esque they’ve done a cracking job on it.

Based on their recent form with the CLA45 and AMG GT etc and the front end on this thing, is the new C63 going to be the car that disgruntled M3/M4 fans parachute into instead of the new M3/M4?

The last C63 was arguably the best looking of the three Germans previously. The only question that needs answering is this move to a 4pot but with them taking about it being a 550bhp hybrid and given their past form with the A45 it may well be a cracker of an engine.

Surely in this day and age when even 6 cylinder engines are sounding muted and with artificial noise being pumped into the cabin the fact it’s a 4 cylinder is irrelevant? As long as it sounds as good as the 6 cylinder competitors and performs as well it doesn’t matter what it is. Afterall new engines universally sound worse ever new generation.

F6E3C403-A197-44C2-9BB5-FAA1181DE1CF.jpeg

4988CF56-68B4-430B-A907-F0639E5E72B4.jpeg

I’ll be very keen to see what the new C63 is going to look like. In AMG spec sure this cabin is going to make the new M4 look positively mundane?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Interiors are starting to look like Space ships now. Imagine all the fingerprints on that screen! Like Mac's I really want to like Merc's, fact is I have been put off by them from Past models I've owned. I do really like the A45 AMG, that all done up is a wicked little car, I hope the trend continues with the C63.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Interiors are starting to look like Space ships now. Imagine all the fingerprints on that screen! Like Mac's I really want to like Merc's, fact is I have been put off by them from Past models I've owned. I do really like the A45 AMG, that all done up is a wicked little car, I hope the trend continues with the C63.

That is definitely the downside with touch screens. There seems to be plenty of buttons on the steering wheel though so maybe you can control a lot of stuff from there.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Not a fan but of touchscreens in the car. No doubt it’s going to be a clever bit of kit but it’s heavy with another 250kgs. I just wonder if people are going to form the same attachment to a 4 pot as they do with a V8. And then there’s the name: C63 is pretty much associated with V8s so maybe C500? Well they can’t call it C2.0!
Apparently all C classes get the powerdome bonnet which looks great but I don’t think lesser models should get this.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
The new A Class dash is fantastic and well thought out, I like that new look, but and big but, I like as little buttons as possible to concentrate on driving. The I drive in BMW was far more intuitive than the AMG W205 , but it did fine for me.
the new AMG should have gone V6 Hybrid if I’m honest I would have been into that like Alfa, but the strain on that 4 pot and as said the AMG needs presence and noise or why buy it over the competitio, I will still test the new AMG with open mind, but I just can’t get excited about it like I did with my C63s , I just wish Alfa built the coupe and I would be all over it.
the new M3 at a fantastic price in AWD may have a look , but your stuck with it for the term IMHO
im struggling to see my next car move 5he JCW serving us so we’ll just know.

Senna11

Racing Driver
The new A Class dash is fantastic and well thought out, I like that new look, but and big but, I like as little buttons as possible to concentrate on driving. The I drive in BMW was far more intuitive than the AMG W205 , but it did fine for me.
the new AMG should have gone V6 Hybrid if I’m honest I would have been into that like Alfa, but the strain on that 4 pot and as said the AMG needs presence and noise or why buy it over the competitio, I will still test the new AMG with open mind, but I just can’t get excited about it like I did with my C63s , I just wish Alfa built the coupe and I would be all over it.
the new M3 at a fantastic price in AWD may have a look , but your stuck with it for the term IMHO
im struggling to see my next car move 5he JCW serving us so we’ll just know.
There is room to fit a straight 6 or V6 but Mercedes are saying it won’t so they just want to push with the 2 litre. Have to say that is an awesome output from a 2 litre engine but the weight is too much. Not won over by the looks on the G80 and foolish to get in as an early adopter. We all know LCI is better than the first ones but price and deals will dictate the success of these. Personally I feel they have made a huge mistake with that design.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
There is room to fit a straight 6 or V6 but Mercedes are saying it won’t so they just want to push with the 2 litre. Have to say that is an awesome output from a 2 litre engine but the weight is too much. Not won over by the looks on the G80 and foolish to get in as an early adopter. We all know LCI is better than the first ones but price and deals will dictate the success of these. Personally I feel they have made a huge mistake with that design.
Yes to heavy , with 4matic it’s all getting a bit silly know chasing car wow video victories , I’m not sure where I will head next even may just work one car for a while like at present, prices and tech seem to be heading the wrong way for me

Senna11

Racing Driver
Yes to heavy , with 4matic it’s all getting a bit silly know chasing car wow video victories , I’m not sure where I will head next even may just work one car for a while like at present, prices and tech seem to be heading the wrong way for me
The 300C 6.0 AMG from the late 80s was about 1680 kgs, what a car.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I tried to buy a 190 Cosworth last year with boot leg gear box mates dad had one back in 80’s

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
:ROFLMAO: It’s lockdown making me crazy yes Dog not a Boot leg, was looking at a new pair oh jeans must have been :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I wish, it’s Friday night my brains must be scrambled after work this week, I need to get out more :ROFLMAO: