Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

New Porsche Taycan Turbo GT Unveiled

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
1710165385259.png

This represents the apex of the Taycan range:
  • 1092 BHP
  • 1340 Nm Torque
  • 190 mph top speed
  • 2.2 second 0-62 time
  • 900A charging system (instead of the standard 800A)
  • Various weight reduction measures - Carbon fibre pillars, new rear spoiler lip, forged wheels, single charging port
  • Optional Weissach pack with roll cage in the back, carbon wing etc.
  • New aero on the front
  • New Laguna Seca record of 1:28 (only have a second slower than a McLaren Senna)
The car was unvieled by Porsche on their live stream at 1:00pm GMT today.

New Porsche Taycan Turbo GT Targets Track Glory
Porsche is expanding its electric sports saloon lineup with the introduction of the Taycan Turbo GT and Taycan Turbo GT with Weissach Package. Both models boast impressive performance, but the Weissach Package takes things a step further, prioritizing track capability by shedding weight and adding more aggressive aerodynamics.

Record-Breaking Performance
Even before hitting dealerships, the Taycan Turbo GT with Weissach Package secured the title of fastest production electric car at Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca in California, clocking a lap time of 1:27.87. This dominance extends to the Nürburgring Nordschleife, where a pre-production model achieved a lap time of 7:07.55, beating the previous Taycan Turbo S record by a whopping 26 seconds.

"The two records...show what great track potential there is in the Taycan," says Kevin Giek, Model Line Vice President. "[Our engineers] have already done a great job with the recently updated existing Taycan models. But our new GT cars yet again clearly raise the bar even higher in terms of driving dynamics and enjoyment."

Unleashing Power
Both Taycan Turbo GT models pack a serious punch. With Launch Control engaged, they can unleash up to 1,019 horsepower for a short burst. The standard Taycan Turbo GT reaches 60 mph in a blistering 2.2 seconds, while the Weissach Package shaves off a tenth of a second, achieving the feat in just 2.1 seconds. The top track speed is 180 mph for the standard model and 190 mph for the Weissach Package.

"Attack Mode" for an Extra Boost
When drivers need a surge of power, they can activate "Attack Mode," providing an additional 160 horsepower for 10 seconds at the push of a button. This feature offers a significant improvement over the push-to-pass function available in other Taycan models, and is optimized for track use.

"You can also trigger the boost with racing gloves, and without taking a hand off the wheel," explains development driver Lars Kern. "With this simple and fast means of operation, the Taycan Turbo GT models are tailored for track use."

Advanced Powertrain
The Taycan Turbo GT benefits from Porsche's recent upgrades to the Taycan lineup, including a new rear-axle motor that delivers enhanced performance. A more powerful pulse inverter provides 777 horsepower, which jumps to 1,092 horsepower for a limited time with Launch Control.

Lightweight Construction and Agile Handling
Porsche employs intelligent lightweight construction methods to make the Taycan Turbo GT with Weissach Package up to 157 pounds lighter than the Taycan Turbo S. Carbon fiber components, lightweight wheels, and a revised transmission contribute to the impressive weight reduction.

Standard equipment on the Taycan Turbo GT includes special performance summer tires, 21-inch lightweight forged wheels, and Porsche Active Ride suspension with Turbo GT-specific tuning. This suspension setup offers exceptional road connection during dynamic driving situations.

Aerodynamic Enhancements
The Taycan Turbo GT boasts a front spoiler with aeroblades and an adaptive rear spoiler with a Gurney flap for optimized aerodynamics and downforce. Both models come standard with Matrix Design LED headlights, with the option to upgrade to HD Matrix Design LED headlights.

Striking Design Options
The Taycan Turbo GT offers a selection of six standard exterior colours, including two new exclusive options: Pale Blue Metallic and Purple Sky Metallic. A comprehensive Paint to Sample program allows for further customization.

Sporty Interior
The Taycan Turbo GT's interior features Race-Tex upholstery with black leather accents. The standard Adaptive Sports Seats Plus boast a Turbo GT logo embroidered on the headrests. Volt Blue or GT Silver contrast stitching is available for a more personalized touch.

Weissach Package: The Ultimate Track Weapon
The Taycan Turbo GT with Weissach Package takes performance to another level. Additional aerodynamic elements, including a fixed rear wing in carbon fiber, generate up to 485 pounds of downforce. This model sheds even more weight compared to the standard Taycan Turbo GT, thanks to the elimination of rear seats and other amenities.

A Weissach Package logo adorns the rear wing endplates, and an optional striped wrap in Volt Blue, black, or matte black further emphasizes the car's motorsport character.

Pricing and Availability
The 2025 Taycan Turbo GT and Taycan Turbo GT with Weissach Package start at £186,000. Both models are available to order now and are expected to arrive at U.S. dealers in summer 2024.

1_Taycan_Turbo_GT_with_WP_Driving.jpg22_Taycan_Turbo_GT_with_WP_Interior.jpgShade_Green_Taycan_Turbo_GT_A1_05322_002.jpgSky_Purple_Metallic_Taycan_Turbo_GT_A1_00997_006.jpgSky_Purple_Metallic_Taycan_Turbo_GT_A1_02354_016.jpgSky_Purple_Metallic_Taycan_Turbo_GT_A1_04054_044.jpgSky_Purple_Metallic_Taycan_Turbo_GT_A1_04320A_045 (1).jpg
1710169639433.png

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
It's certainly a looker in my eyes. In the current market, there's an awful lot of non EV cars that make more sense at this price point but as a product for the future where it's pitched against other performance EVs it becomes a more realistic option. It's going to be built in limited numbers anyway so it's not like you'll be able to just run out and order one. Probably similar to the usual ordering Shenanigans.

I love the rear wing and that it's mounted on a rear bumper with a more aggressive lip. This is what the Taycan has been missing in my eyes and I'm still on the lookout for a decent lip for the rear.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think you have got to be mad to buy one of these at the moment privately. So much bad press and prices have plummeted and I am only told they are good for business owners for tax purposes!

I'm pretty sure I have seen Taycan Turbos for £50k?

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
@boba fett Funny, you should bring this up. Just watched this, the guy has lost nearly 80k on it.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I think you have got to be mad to buy one of these at the moment privately. So much bad press and prices have plummeted and I am only told they are good for business owners for tax purposes!

I'm pretty sure I have seen Taycan Turbos for £50k?

The business market is fuelling new EV uptake for sure but doesn’t provide a market for used ones (no tax break). You can’t buy a turbo for £50k. You’ll get a 4 year old Taycan 4S or base for that money. Bit more for a turbo.

But bear in mind that these prices are just a pre-Covid reset. Look at the cost of a 4 year old M5 and its similar money. The question is, how much further will the fall? Second hand owners are getting a bargain that’s for sure.

Have a look at EV prices across the board on Autotrader. Some real bargains to be had. Merc EQS and Auto E-Tron SUVs for sub £30k.

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Aw please don’t. Check that guys other videos. He’s just a total EV troll.

Got to admit, haven’t watched any of his other videos. Came up on my feed and watched It 🤷‍♂️

Denso