Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Not been a good week for BMW

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
New M2 reviews have landed today and it's a mixed bag, with the styling taken a pounding and many journos saying that it's lost some of the edge from the old model. Then there's a resounding slating the XM is getting in the press, with pretty much everyone decreeing that it's not really an M car and that an X5M is the better option.

The new M3/M4 despite it's divisive looks is universally lauded as being a great thing to drive and live with, but the M2 and XM now look like two misfires in a row. Time will tell when it comes to sales I suppose.

StuartK

Chief Engineer
BMW have lost the plot with pretty much everything at the moment.

Its sad for the Germans as I don’t see much better from Audi or Merc in this mass produced sector.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The ones I have seen have been quite promising.

I liked this when I saw the renders and leaked pictures but I don't know what to think now! I will need to see one in the metal really. In short I like it, got a bit of old school arches and skirts look about it. Some how I just can't help but think what if a Yaris GR shagged a Vauxhall Cavalier Calibre!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Well I don’t think BMW could design a good looking car at the moment and seem to have lost the plot. It one thing trying to be different but good lord they are dropping some serious clangers. I do however like the new M2 and the I7 for some reason. The rear end design on the M2 is challenging from a few angles but those arches are great. I also thing the screen inside doesn’t quite work.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I like the new 7 series. Don't like the i7 as much just because of the different tweaks. I think the M2 is a grower in the looks department. It's getting decent reviews but many are saying that it's lost its edge from the previous gen. and some others are saying that whilst its a good car it's no better (or in some cases not as good) as the car it replaces. The XM is just an absolute bomb-scare of a thing that needs to be euthanised as quickly as possible. I really can't see much of a market for that outside of the USA and China.

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
When the new m3/m4 came out I knew I wouldn’t be getting one, theres nothing in the line up I like the look of sadly (maybe x5 excluded). I remember the first sighting of an f80, I was like a kid in a sweet shop! Sad times, although in some respects I’m happy to be out of the new car game.