Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Petrolhead pub ammo...did you know ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I found something out today, and thought I wonder if others know, and what other petrolheads have up thier sleeve, that’s good for a bit of pub ammo?

For most of Ferrari’s racing years they have always used Rosso Corsa (racing red) Ferrari did not like the way the red looked on TV, it did not look so bright as it did in real life, so they developed Rosso Scuderia (stable / team red) a more orangey red which on the tele made the cars look like Rosso Corsa !

Last edited:

Parsley

Pit Crew
That's some trivia Bobba.
I will respond with Petrolhead pub ammo as soon as something comes to me that most don't know.

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
In the 70s and maybe 80s after the LeMans 24 hour race you were allowed to drive the circuit before it reopened as a road, my dad drove it a few times in various cars he owned and topped out many times on the Mulsanne Straight many years before the wretched chicanes were installed which he still reckons wrecked the races main USP.