Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Porsche Cayenne GTS

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
A mate knew someone selling a Porsche Cayenne GTS MK2. The guy had chanced his arm at working in Dubai and he is now staying. It has been tucked away in his garage and he needed it gone so I bought it. I have never driven one before, and its a marvel really, how Porsche have made this feel and actually drive like a Sports car. How I missed one of these over the years is a puzzle as I thought the Dynamic RRS was quite good as driving more car like, but this is on a another level. Its so driver focused, has a nice sounding N/A V8 and handles 911 like. Its also a lovely place to be aimed at the pertolhead, with all the badges, stitching and Alcantara. Its loaded with options and its now a good looking thing as opposed to its MK1 brother.

Anyway here it is:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I have a few hours off to watch a footie match and @boba fett buys another car :ROFLMAO:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
And what a car!
Thanks, yes it’s a lot of fun and I really like the interior, never been much of a fan of Alcantara, but it seems to work in this, can’t help but notice in pictures, if you blink quickly it looks like a Bloody Nissan Gashqai !

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Thanks, yes it’s a lot of fun and I really like the interior, never been much of a fan of Alcantara, but it seems to work in this, can’t help but notice in pictures, if you blink quickly it looks like a Bloody Nissan Gashqai !
To be fair mate, I don't think it's the best thing Porsche have ever done, but it's a quality piece of kit. Same with my mate and his Aston Martin SUV. The RR is the one. Has been for many years and can't see anything else pipping it to the top spot.

Is it a replacement for anything, or just a daily?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
To be fair mate, I don't think it's the best thing Porsche have ever done, but it's a quality piece of kit. Same with my mate and his Aston Martin SUV. The RR is the one. Has been for many years and can't see anything else pipping it to the top spot.

Is it a replacement for anything, or just a daily?

I agree, it drives better than it looks! its better in the metal, I am just trying to work out all the buttons and functions, which are all over the place! you can't beat BMW's I-Drive!!

I just wanted it really, won't have it for long. I am still thinking of selling all my cars and getting a 458 / 488, or a limited run Ferrari like a Scud (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Gosh looks like the guy who bought this new, was right into his handling !!

Optional Equipment
Option Code Description
0AW Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
0M1 FUEL TANK, 100-LITRE
0TD FLOOR MATS FRONT AND REAR
1BK Air Suspension with height adjustment and PASM
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
3FU Panorama Roof System
3L4 Driver Memory Package
2C4 Steering column reach and height electrically adjustable plus memory
3S5 Roof Rails in Black
4E7 POWERLIFT FOR REAR LID (POWERLIFT GATE)
4GH Heated Windshield
4KF DARK TINTED GLASS IN THE REAR
6FQ Cayenne GTS Full Interior Package - Alcantara - Carmine Red
6NA Alcantara rooflining
FZ1 Red seat belts
PO2 Light comfort package (dimmable interior lighting, self dim.mirrors, lights in mirrors)
AEA Illuminated door entry guards with model name
7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with Navigation Module
7X8 Reversing Camera with ParkAssist Front and Rear
9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System
AET Digital TV-tuner
9W5 MOBILE PHONE PREP., BLUETOOTH
QH1 Voice control
CZ4 21" 911 Turbo II Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension
PA2 Automatically dimming rear view mirrors with Memory Package
QR5 Sport Chrono Package
0P8 Sports exhaust system
1LH Front disc brakes 19", red callipers
1KP Rear disc brakes 18"plus, red callipers
UF1 MULTIMEDIA SOCKET, EXT. SOURCE (UMS)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Lol! You’ve got more cars than the local dealership! I looked at these a while back. So much better than the previous gen. looks very current as well.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lol! You’ve got more cars than the local dealership! I looked at these a while back. So much better than the previous gen. looks very current as well.

Are you just browsing sir, or is there a particular car you have come to see !

Putting outright speed aside for a moment, I would say its more fun to drive than the RS !

Just had 4x Pirelli N rated tyres put on it and a 4 wheel aliment as it was burning the inside edge of the front tyres !! it had Black Lion ditchfinders on it, and its so much better now, handles even better (even more so in the wet) and they are so much quieter. It always amazes me when people put shite tyres on a car meant for driving and they last half as long. Its a false economy.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Today I gave the Alcantara a good spruce up, its great stuff and its come up like new. The leather was also fed which is a ball ache not to get it on the Ali !! I also fitted spacers (I know its a 4x4, but I like the flush look) and you can drive it around at this height level which is a cool feature!!

Nice and flush (y)