Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones Neptune Blue Taycan GTS

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
IMG_5336.jpeg

Car was at Porsche for a couple of days for a mandatory recall check. Basically they changed some kind of sealant at the factory and there had been a couple of instances of water getting into the battery. Anywaycar was checked and given the all clear.

They gave me a Taycan Cross Tourismo 4S as a courtesy car for two days. In the same bloody colour as my own.

It was really weird how the driving experience was similar but difference. Slightly down on power but the suspension and handling was very different. It felt like a much bigger car and, weirdly as the car sits higher, the driving position felt lower.

Also it sounded different. More a high-pitched whine when giving it the beans compared to a more baritone version of the same soundtrack on the GTS.

Was glad to be back in my own and I’ve really gone off the estate in terms of looks now!

StuartK

Chief Engineer
View attachment 3296

Car was at Porsche for a couple of days for a mandatory recall check. Basically they changed some kind of sealant at the factory and there had been a couple of instances of water getting into the battery. Anywaycar was checked and given the all clear.

They gave me a Taycan Cross Tourismo 4S as a courtesy car for two days. In the same bloody colour as my own.

It was really weird how the driving experience was similar but difference. Slightly down on power but the suspension and handling was very different. It felt like a much bigger car and, weirdly as the car sits higher, the driving position felt lower.

Also it sounded different. More a high-pitched whine when giving it the beans compared to a more baritone version of the same soundtrack on the GTS.

Was glad to be back in my own and I’ve really gone off the estate in terms of looks now!
My neighbour has just swapped his Taycan for one of these estate ones. Personally I preferred the old one.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

Gone off?!

How could anyone ever have thought is was not one of the ugliest cars on the road (when charged of course) :ROFLMAO:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Gone off?!

How could anyone ever have thought is was not one of the ugliest cars on the road (when charged of course) :ROFLMAO:

At one point I was contemplating the Sport Tourismo (same shape without the Audi All-Road bits of the Cross Tourismo) instead of the saloon. I think they look great from the rear but shit from every other angle. Whereas I think the saloon is one of the best looking cars on the road currently.

Washed them both today:

IMG_5368.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Hi mate, how are you getting on with this, the prices of them are dropping like a stone (no pun intended)

Are the GTS's holding up better?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Hi mate, how are you getting on with this, the prices of them are dropping like a stone (no pun intended)

Are the GTS's holding up better?

All Taycan prices and all EVs are falling like a stone on the used market because of the government incentives on new ones. Those don’t exist on the used market so businesses don’t want them.

If you’re buying privately, then it would be crazy to buy a new one. Approved used with warranty is the way to go unless money is no object to getting your exact spec. A lot of cheap ones are out of warranty now though and personally I feel the tech is still too new to have one without. So if buying used I’d be factoring a Porsche warranty into the price.

Facelift is due imminently so that might dent used prices further. Maybe I’m just getting old but I personally feel the facelift is a step backwards.

1704700796650.jpeg

Im still loving mine. It’s so capable and great to drive. My only complaint is the range but that doesn’t affect me really because of the types of journeys I do. Plug it in once a week and it costs me 7 quid to fill it up

The 4S I had as a courtesy car recently was a subtly different drive in a number of areas but not extensively so.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
All Taycan prices and all EVs are falling like a stone on the used market because of the government incentives on new ones. Those don’t exist on the used market so businesses don’t want them.

If you’re buying privately, then it would be crazy to buy a new one. Approved used with warranty is the way to go unless money is no object to getting your exact spec. A lot of cheap ones are out of warranty now though and personally I feel the tech is still too new to have one without. So if buying used I’d be factoring a Porsche warranty into the price.

Facelift is due imminently so that might dent used prices further. Maybe I’m just getting old but I personally feel the facelift is a step backwards.

View attachment 3311

Im still loving mine. It’s so capable and great to drive. My only complaint is the range but that doesn’t affect me really because of the types of journeys I do. Plug it in once a week and it costs me 7 quid to fill it up

The 4S I had as a courtesy car recently was a subtly different drive in a number of areas but not extensively so.

Gotcha, and that facelift should be on the program Botched !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
IMG_6205.jpeg

Took the lad out on the bikes today. Never used a cycle carrier in my life never mind on a car with a glass roof but it survived intact!