Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones Neptune Blue Taycan GTS

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
EDIT: Never got the red one in the end, jump ahead in this thread to here and you'll see that I went for a cancelled order in Neptune blue instead. Almost the same spec. as below with a couple of additions and subtractions.

Not sure that this will become a build thread or not as I think I'll be fairly limited as to what I can actually do to this. Some of you will have seen my "looking at Taycans" thread in the EV section but I just got the email from my local Porsche Centre (amazingly) to say that "your finance agreement has been approved". So it's now real. Current waiting list on a Taycan GTS is around 12-18 months. That suits me, as I've only had the M5 for just under a year and I'm not ready to change it yet.

With me having the TTS to play with, I think the prospect of an EV as a daily and a small ICE car as a weekend toy seems the way forward.

The car is pretty much identical to what Porsche have been sending out to the press, so when it arrives it'll look almost exactly like this:

PORSCHE_TAYCANGTS_911GTS_DKIMG_3393.jpg

9D7D7DE9-91BE-425C-9445-C29B980049D3.jpeg

For those that are interested, here's the Spec:

0LCarmine Red
GDGTS interior package in Carmine Red
Q1JAdaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-Way, electric) with memory package
5KA4+1 Seats
6XVElectric folding Exterior Mirrors
0NCModel Designation painted in Black (high-gloss)
G1XSingle-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
48D21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black
8JULED Matrix Main Headlights Glacier Iceblue including Porsche Dynamic Light System
Plus (PDLS Plus)
8VHLight Strip with 'PORSCHE' Logo Glacier Iceblue
4L6Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
3FGPanoramic Roof, fixed
4GPWindscreen with Grey Top-Tint
VW1Privacy Glass
KA6ParkAssist including Surround View
4F2Comfort Access
QQ1Ambient Lighting
UP7Sport Chrono stopwatch instrument dial in Carmine Red
2ZPDecorative stitching on steering wheel rim in contrasting colour
5MHCarbon matt Interior Package
9VLSurround Sound System
KM2150kW on-board DC-DC converter

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Wish it was a 911 I was ordering but you don’t get any tax breaks on those and you still need to put petrol in it!

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
EV is a no brainer if its through your company or SalSac. Looks a lovely mota!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I’m trying not to think about it to be honest. Now that the initial excitement of speccing a factory order has worn off Im left thinking an awful lot can happen in 12-18 months!

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
The options list drives you mad on the website. I gave up after 30 minutes

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The options list drives you mad on the website. I gave up after 30 minutes

Bit different from other dealers that I've been in. This one was by appointment and the first hour was sitting in a room going over the options, some of which end up cost neutral due to the effect on the residual when taking on a PCP, so it's a proper minefield without actually getting some help from the dealer.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Latest update from the dealer is that I'm looking at the end of next year before I'll get my hands on this!! WTF!?

bytejunkie

Tyre Kicker
Drives
B7 RS4, STR 675R
not sure how to take your WTF, thats within your 12-18 months isnt it?
sweet car though, very jealous.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
not sure how to take your WTF, thats within your 12-18 months isnt it?
sweet car though, very jealous.

Well. The 12-18 was a worst case scenario but they've been calling me every 4 weeks or so, just for a chat and up till now were talking summer '23 as being the target. So they've changed their tune significantly now. So I'm now questioning the level of gamesmanship on their end and wondering if it'll now slip further. I'll wait for it because there's no choice. They've spoken about maybe getting me in a used Taycan of some description until my factory order arrives but I doubt that'll be cost neutral.

Going to have a proper chat with them in January to see what our options are.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That’s a long wait although you can probably go through a few cars before then.

Yep. Funnily enough, I've been having a look and I simply cannot find anything out there worth changing the M5 for, for similar money to what I'm paying now, so I think I'll just keep it till either my factory order comes up or if, as above, they come up with a deal on something used as a "tide-me-over".

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well. The 12-18 was a worst case scenario but they've been calling me every 4 weeks or so, just for a chat and up till now were talking summer '23 as being the target. So they've changed their tune significantly now. So I'm now questioning the level of gamesmanship on their end and wondering if it'll now slip further. I'll wait for it because there's no choice. They've spoken about maybe getting me in a used Taycan of some description until my factory order arrives but I doubt that'll be cost neutral.

Going to have a proper chat with them in January to see what our options are.

I would say I am very displeased but you would take a GT3 or GT4 at list for the inconvenience!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
if only I could afford one! :ROFLMAO:

GT4's are 70k list last time I looked, the added money comes from the - I want one, but my dealer won't let me have one cos I'm a peasant and my names not Sheik or Rashford.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
GT4's are 70k list last time I looked, the added money comes from the - I want one, but my dealer won't let me have one cos I'm a peasant and my names not Sheik or Rashford.

GT4 is no good as a replacement for the M5 as I need a family car. GT3 has similar practicality issues and is £135k list with none of the tax breaks or fuel savings. I couldn’t even look at a Panamera or Cayenne to be honest. The only reason for the Taycan is the tax and company car benefits. Otherwise the list price would make it totally out of my price range.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think the Taycan could be a good buy anyway, more over to flip if need be!