Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

R8 Coldstart issue!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
I saw this the other day, it must have been in gear, clutch depressed when starting and he then let the clutch out not realising it was in gear.
Unfortunate for sure!
True story, the first m4 I went to look at years ago was at a main dealer on the way to hull. Salesman brought the car round from the rear parking lot, and left it running whilst I had a look around it. I asked if he could rev it whilst I was around the rear to check for smoke and it flew off forwards with him hanging half out the car! How he got on the brake I’ll never know but he was feet from taking out the forecourt stock :eek:
Dct doesn’t creep like a normal auto does it so he thought it was in neutral :ROFLMAO:

Apologies for not being on much recently, I’m getting married a month today and it’s just been mental getting things in order. Meetings left right and centre, first stag do last weekend (messy!), her hen this weekend, Manchester stag mk2 the weekend after, camping the weekend after that. She’s still not got her passport back, covid pass in her maiden name, etc……
Im off for a drink! :poop:

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I saw this the other day, it must have been in gear, clutch depressed when starting and he then let the clutch out not realising it was in gear.
Unfortunate for sure!
True story, the first m4 I went to look at years ago was at a main dealer on the way to hull. Salesman brought the car round from the rear parking lot, and left it running whilst I had a look around it. I asked if he could rev it whilst I was around the rear to check for smoke and it flew off forwards with him hanging half out the car! How he got on the brake I’ll never know but he was feet from taking out the forecourt stock :eek:
Dct doesn’t creep like a normal auto does it so he thought it was in neutral :ROFLMAO:

Apologies for not being on much recently, I’m getting married a month today and it’s just been mental getting things in order. Meetings left right and centre, first stag do last weekend (messy!), her hen this weekend, Manchester stag mk2 the weekend after, camping the weekend after that. She’s still not got her passport back, covid pass in her maiden name, etc……

Congratulations mate!

Reactions: Che

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Unfortunate for sure!

Congrats mate, you can't be happy forever (y)

• Haha

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
So sorry to hear that - cant imagine what its like to lose half my house, car and money in a single day.

Oh, wait, i can..................

(actually we been together 35years - only joking)

• Haha