Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

R8 steering wheel re trim

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
So I got lucky and managed to source another r8 plus wheel and it will soon be off to royal steering wheels.

My plan is to have it retrimmed completely in Alcantara, maybe adding a fraction more thickness as I have long fingers. It should end up looking like the R8 GT wheel they once made, albeit with white stitching in place of the GT’s red. By chance the bezel with the new wheel is off a GT so has the appropriate logo.

Do you think it would be ok to use the GT logo? I know my car isn’t a GT but the wheel would look appropriate (once in alcantara)? Dilemma! 😂

2EF9FC80-EAAB-422D-81D9-54254CEC5610.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
For me personally, you either need to go the whole hog and have everything about the car “GT” or stick with the original logo. I’m not up on R8s so I don’t know what the differences are.

Out of interest why didn’t you go down deposit and swap route? Instead of buying a second wheel?

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
For me personally, you either need to go the whole hog and have everything about the car “GT” or stick with the original logo. I’m not up on R8s so I don’t know what the differences are.

Out of interest why didn’t you go down deposit and swap route? Instead of buying a second wheel?
I wanted to be able to put back to stock if and when I come to sell, it probably sounds a bit silly but with there only being 200 plus models in the uk I was worried they may be price sensitive to modding.
Im still on the fence with the logo, thankfully easy to change so might give it a try and see how I feel then 😊

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I wanted to be able to put back to stock if and when I come to sell, it probably sounds a bit silly but with there only being 200 plus models in the uk I was worried they may be price sensitive to modding.
Im still on the fence with the logo, thankfully easy to change so might give it a try and see how I feel then 😊

That makes sense 👍🏻

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'd go with the GT Logo. I think you can pull it off with the car being Matt Paint.

Look forward to seeing a picture.

Reactions: Che

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
Lovely, I’ll be getting the Mustang wheel done, want a flat bottom and some alcantara

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Love an alcantara wheel. I’ll be going all out on the TTS. Alcantara with yellow stitching. And yellow 12 o’clock I reckon.

Reactions: Che