DEUTSCHESPEED.com Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and more

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Retrofit Front Parking Sensors Audi TT (8S - Mk3)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
I'll update this as I go rather than building a massive post in on go and because it's a work in progress. I don't have all the information to complete this job and will need to learn as I go.

This is a fairly meaty job this, with two options. You can either buy a complete kit from KUFATEC for over fiver hundred quid, which contains everything you need, fitting instructions and (I think) one of their coding dongles, or you can pull all the parts together yourself for much less and try to work out how to do it on your own.

I've gone for option 2 but KUFATEC have been quite competitive on the wiring looms, so I've purchased those from them directly. Here's a list of the parts that you need. Note, that if you really want it, it makes sense to fit the automatic parking assist at the same time, but this also requires you to fit two new sensors in the rear bumper so it becomes a much bigger job. I did it on my RS5, used it twice and never bothered with it since. My M5 has it and the one time I used it, it kerbed an alloy! So I'm not doing it this time. If you want to do it, you need another parking module that supports it and a switch-bank in the cabin that has the button.

Parts needed:

3x Wiring Looms -1 for the sensors on the front bumper, 1 to connect the parking control module in the boot to the front bumper and 1 to connect the switch and buzzer to the a module in the cabin.
4x Parking Sensors
2x Parking sensor holder brackets
1x Parking control module to replace your existing (and that supports the front sensors)
1x new cabin switch bank that has the parking assist button on it (you can't buy the button separately)
1x Buzzer - This goes in the cabin somewhere (I think its under the dash on the drivers side)
1x Parking sensor hole cutter

I'll update this with weblinks later.

Denso

Pit Crew
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTS
Looking forward to this, it seems to be quite a task. Your usual spot on build will aid those that tackle it and for those, like myself that need to get a builder in lol.

Denso

Last edited:

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Speaker for the factory fitted front sensors is situated just here if that’s of any use.

05F51630-DDC7-4D7A-8557-3F52A7F3FFAE.jpeg here if that’s a

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
Excellent @Frizzley !!

I was under the impression that it was below the dash on the drivers side as there’s some kind of perforated cut out there. I’m still waiting on two of the wiring looms and two sensor brackets for the bumper before I can get stuck in but this really helps! 👍🏻👍🏻

I’ve also discovered that the parking module is behind the glove box on the 8S. I think it’s the 8J that has it in the boot, so looks like no running cables from one end of the car to the other thankfully.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
So just been browsing the workshop manuals. The Parking control unit is on the drivers side on RHD cars rather than below the glove box and the buzzer on the Coupe is mounted behind the glove box!