Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Reversing Camera Failure

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Had this flash up on the dash this morning. Checked connections behind the head-unit and all is OK. I've not fully stripped the boot lid but from having a quick look it seems the connection to the camera is OK as well. Wondering if the camera has just gone kaput. Car is six years old now so I suppose some things like this are just par for the course.

Anyway before I order a new camera I was wondering if anyone has any info on this in case it's something other than the camera being knackered.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Had this flash up on the dash this morning. Checked connections behind the head-unit and all is OK. I've not fully stripped the boot lid but from having a quick look it seems the connection to the camera is OK as well. Wondering if the camera has just gone kaput. Car is six years old now so I suppose some things like this are just par for the course.

Anyway before I order a new camera I was wondering if anyone has any info on this in case it's something other than the camera being knackered.
Sure it’s not a software issue? Any error codes?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Yep. It’s not software. Nothing been changed. Checked connections at the camera module and the camera screen is blank. I think it all points to a knackered camera. Wonder if water has gotten into it or something.

990F9073-F6B1-4972-B6C2-CDC1BAB3365C.png

Senna11

Racing Driver
That’s a bugger. I would check the wiring again. Are these expensive? Perhaps get a used one from somewhere. Never heard of these failing. Not a fuse?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Checked the fuse. I do have a fair bit of condensation in my rear lights so wondering if there’s water some where. Ordered a used one from eBay for sixty quid. All the wiring seems ok. Fingers crossed swapping the camera cures it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
So after all that buggering about it turns out it was a loose connection going into the back of the camera 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
So after all that buggering about it turns out it was a loose connection going into the back of the camera 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻
Ah the basics, I'm the same mate miss the wood for the trees. " have you tried turning it off and on again guv" 🤣

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I think it’s time to move it on.

I’ll give you £5k and 1min of live feed of the woman next door’s feet.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Ah the basics, I'm the same mate miss the wood for the trees. " have you tried turning it off and on again guv" 🤣

lol. I know. I just couldn’t be arsed stripping the boot trim to get to it so tried everything else first. Lesson learned. Stick to the obvious first, no matter if it’s a hassle.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
What size are they and are they naked or in tights? Any nail polish???

They’re alright, see for yourself

A full minute (once you’ve registered your credit card details to verify your identity).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
They’re alright, see for yourself

A full minute (once you’ve registered your credit card details to verify your identity).

Can’t have photos of flange outside of the Boiler Room lads. (Google no likey).

Last edited: