Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

RS4 & RS5 get Competition Plus spec

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
1652785651174.png 1652785668939.png

Can't be long before we see an announcement on some new models because Audi is raiding the parts bin to provide Competition & Competition Plus spec on these models. Removed sound-deadening, adjustable coil overs and P-Zero Corsa tyres are the highlights. Some very minor visual tweaks to the interior such as red highlights and red LED lighting as well.

Tellingly, there's no extra power available for either. So it seems this is just another marketing plunge to shift some units before they're killed off.

I can't help think that Audi made an arse of these. I bought my RS5 in 2018, not long after it was launched in the UK (late 2017). It was a dealer stock car, laden with options. About six months later it was impossible to buy one and then it popped up again with a severe amount of desirable kit missing from the configurator (which never returned). Then they face-lifted it and the dearth of original options continued.

I'm really not sure what the plan must have been but it made earlier cars much more desirable than later ones. The current B10 platform is under testing at the moment and the rumour is that there will be an all-electric RS model of some description alongside an hybrid RS4/RS5 to choose from, so lets hope the do a better job of making these more desirable than the B9 that preceded it.

1652786168524.png

I'm expecting it to look very similar to the new RS3.

Last edited:

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
Removed sound-deadening, adjustable coil overs and P-Zero Corsa tyres are the highlights. Some very minor visual tweaks to the interior such as red highlights and red LED lighting as well.

Tellingly, there's no extra power available for either. So it seems this is just another marketing plunge to shift some units before they're killed off.
Is there really a market for such a thing on a GT type car? Who wants more NVH - or am I simply just of that age now?

(recently test drove an RS4 as a replacement for the X3M - really liked it, just not the price!)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Is there really a market for such a thing on a GT type car? Who wants more NVH - or am I simply just of that age now?

(recently test drove an RS4 as a replacement for the X3M - really liked it, just not the price!)

I personally don't think so. Not at this stage. Seems more like a desperate attempt to shed some extra units based on reviews of the car saying it wasn't as exciting as the competition.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well they have to keep up, will it stop the understeer do you think and the rather numb feel you tend to get from the Audi RS's, beautiful cars though, but looking at that RS5 its not very handsome?

Still like the B7 though!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well they have to keep up, will it stop the understeer do you think and the rather numb feel you tend to get from the Audi RS's, beautiful cars though, but looking at that RS5 its not very handsome?

Still like the B7 though!

I agree. I think they ruined it with the facelift.