Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Salt on the road ffs

Parsley

Pit Crew
Why why oh why in this day and aga are we still pouring salt all over the road to compensate for people's apalling driving. Winter tyres should be law.

This country is stuck in the past in so many ways.

Gritters spraying cars with fine stones and it then corroding everything?????? Boils my piss.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I hate the gritters and agree very bad know as do two side at once so cars pebble dashed each pass.
I have to confess I never have had winters , I went skiing in Scotland for many years and never had a problem , just had to drive slower and use higher gears.
But seeing hearing about the difference on my daughters mini with Alpine sports on it, I does make me think if we were to get more snow than a few days a year where I stay I think I would invest in a set.
I plan to go skiing again when I can, daughter use her car to commute to area that get far more snow and on hill she has found the winters great.
I just warned her if it ice just don’t thing you have more grip so don’t try to drive faster.
When I was young I used to tow people out of the snow and get a fiver usually was good pocket money for my motorbike :)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I followed a gritter for 11 miles the other day, it was on a road you just cannot pass on and you had to keep back because my car would be littered with chips. My white car was egg shell tan, when I got home.

Parsley

Pit Crew
I'm not alone then. We have single track roads here with passing places. Gritters coming toward you so pull into layby then it showers the car with grit on the way past. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to not pull in then have a row with the driver.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm not alone then. We have single track roads here with passing places. Gritters coming toward you so pull into layby then it showers the car with grit on the way past. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to not pull in then have a row with the driver.

I suppose you could stop them and ask them nicely to turn it off while you pass, especially on a tight country road, you could get stone chips all down the side.

I actually think tipper trucks drivers are the worst followed by cement mixer drivers with cement still dripping off the lorry!! I actually think tipper truck drivers think they are in a bloody GT3 or similar.

Parsley

Pit Crew
I suppose you could stop them and ask them nicely to turn it off while you pass, especially on a tight country road, you could get stone chips all down the side.

I actually think tipper trucks drivers are the worst followed by cement mixer drivers with cement still dripping off the lorry!! I actually think tipper truck drivers think they are in a bloody GT3 or similar.
I remember your tipper driver rant😂😂😂

Brilliant.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The Porsche is my daily mate hence the stress. I'm not doing another winter in it though. Next year it's getting tucked away.

Ouch ! That's the best thing, get a Snotter for the daily chores. Being a white 996 your car is quite rare and because its white it ages the car better and looks really fresh.

Parsley

Pit Crew
Ouch ! That's the best thing, get a Snotter for the daily chores. Being a white 996 your car is quite rare and because its white it ages the car better and looks really fresh.
Yes it will soon look shite at this rate, snotter is incoming.

Parsley

Pit Crew
Incidentally Bobba I'm thinking of Hartech 3.9 and red GT3 RS style livery including boot lid/spoiler etc. Red or Riviera blue?
Obviously no GT3 decals because it's not but 3.9 RS on the side in the GT3 script??

Just an idea I'm kicking about what do you think?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Incidentally Bobba I'm thinking of Hartech 3.9 and red GT3 RS style livery including boot lid/spoiler etc. Red or Riviera blue?
Obviously no GT3 decals because it's not but 3.9 RS on the side in the GT3 script??

Just an idea I'm kicking about what do you think?
Blimey that rebuild is Circa 10k isn't it. I need a picture of the car, if I recall it had later type really nice wheels on it ?

So many people do the GT3 homage, they do look good and you have the right colour, I'd go Riv blue all day.

Parsley

Pit Crew
15k to do the whole thing. Car would stand at £27k finished. It would have about 380bhp and be light. Would be a great drive. Not sure what else 15k would buy that would get close the the finished article if you know what I mean.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
15k to do the whole thing. Car would stand at £27k finished. It would have about 380bhp and be light. Would be a great drive. Not sure what else 15k would buy that would get close the the finished article if you know what I mean.

It must be very tempting, I'm not sure you would get your money back, but might if you keep it long enough, but for driver enjoyment and a bullit proof car I am with you, it will be a hoot with that power to weight !

Parsley

Pit Crew
That's got all the right bits to go GT3, its crying out for Spacers !!
No room for more spacers. It must be the angle of the pic. The rears are already spaced as wide as possible, barely a fag paper between the arch and tyre. Fronts are 15mm spacers as well.