DEUTSCHESPEED.com Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and more

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Site roll out - What's the plan?

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
UPDATED DECEMBER 2020
So as you can see the site is now live. There's still a lot of tweaking to go on and as we're in our launch phase it takes time for member numbers and in turn content and discussion to grow. Here's what you can expect in the coming months:

Further Tweaking & Site Development
  • We want the site to be as user friendly and customisable as possible. You can expect further nips and tucks over the coming weeks and months to make sure the place is as easy to use as possible.
  • SSL Certificate installed to ensure secure browsing. *COMPLETE
  • New server. The site will very quickly be moving to a dedicated server soon to cope with traffic. *COMPLETE
  • Mobile App Development. It's our intention to launch IOS and Android Apps for the site. This is later in the pipeline but something we're keen to sort out.
Promotions
  • We need to get the word out that there is a new place for ALL German car enthusiasts to hang out so within the next few weeks we'll be advertising online to increase awareness and help grow the community. *ACTIVE
  • Competitions! Within the next few weeks we'll sort out our launch competition with some exciting prizes for the winners (no pens or cups here, we're talking proper car-related prizes).
  • Securing vendor discounts as deals for our users. DeutscheSpeed will be free for Vendors/Forum Sponsors to participate in. All we ask in return is that they provide good deals for the community in return.
Merchandise
  • As things progress you'll be able to pick up branded merch (stickers, cups, T-Shirts etc etc) in the New Year
Staff Elections
  • At some point we'll need staff to manage the discussion (moderators) and we'll be asking for volunteers and holding elections. This will be a community-run site and so staff will be community members, elected by others on a 12 month basis.
Suggestions
  • If you have any suggestions that you feel will help improve the site please let us know!

Last edited by a moderator:

grdaniel

Boy Racer
Drives
French
How about an “everything else” sub forum of the ‘other marques’ since french and jap have been dingied, and also u might get occasional questions about other weird cars like dacia or volvo etc.?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
F90 M5
How about an “everything else” sub forum of the ‘other marques’ since french and jap have been dingied, and also u might get occasional questions about other weird cars like dacia or volvo etc.?

You need to get some pics of your Megane in there now 😉

StuartK

Pit Crew
The report button works definitely. I have not seen the other end but would like to as I have never seen it anywhere.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
F90 M5
Its rejected too! Wow! Thats quite efficient and love that members reason for reporting.

Must admit I was laughing my head off when I read it. Just had this pleading tone of voice in my head “But but but he won’t tell us who he is!”

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I can report Stu , for someone using his account spamming the word thread in the middle of the night , some right nutters logging into others accounts 😂

oh wait I’m not a grass, just hit him with the warming

StuartK

Pit Crew
I can report Stu , for someone using his account spamming the word thread in the middle of the night , some right nutters logging into others accounts 😂

I was playing the word game and only person online. Had no choice.

StuartK

Pit Crew

I just reported you for being a grass but it didn't work. I reckon your both Derek. Bo Derek.