Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

So bought a new car

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Congrats, sounds like a lot of fun.

Denso

Reactions: JMS

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
I wouldnt have known that was anything special other than the wheels....had to google it.

Those truly are good specsđź‘ŤYou are gonna surprise a few people!

Reactions: JMS

Senna11

Racing Driver
Congratulations. Serious poke in that machine. Tend to find I have more fun in a car with less power than say an M3/M4.

mcoops

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Short term lease / Cupra Formentor on order
Love that. I was actively considering the Cupra Leon wagon before eventually placing an order in for a Formentor.

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
I have qiuite a lot of time for Seat/Cupra as they are not pretending like VW are with the quality etc... I had a Golf 245 GTI and it wasn't a patch on my M135i xDrive in the quality department... and it was not cheap, either (my specced up 135 is cheaper on the monthlies)... But at Cupra pricing, the same sorts of offerings look better value than the VW equivalents... In my humble opinion, of course...

I had an Ibiza Cupra about 20 years ago when they were the bargain hot hatch... Same drive train and seats etc as the Golf GTI but nothing like the same price...

JMS

Pit Crew
I have qiuite a lot of time for Seat/Cupra as they are not pretending like VW are with the quality etc... I had a Golf 245 GTI and it wasn't a patch on my M135i xDrive in the quality department... and it was not cheap, either (my specced up 135 is cheaper on the monthlies)... But at Cupra pricing, the same sorts of offerings look better value than the VW equivalents... In my humble opinion, of course...

I had an Ibiza Cupra about 20 years ago when they were the bargain hot hatch... Same drive train and seats etc as the Golf GTI but nothing like the same price...

Yep completely agree. The quality isn't quite there but as you say its not pretending to be either. Also only being 150 of them in the UK not something you will see on the road every day.

JMS

Pit Crew
So, did you need to order it through ABT or is it an official SEAT/ABT collaboration at factory spec level?

Its a factory option of 500quid which give you 50bhp, 15mm lower, carbon front splitter, carbon diffuser, carbon wing and carbon inserts in the side skirts.

A no brainer really.

Mine also has the only other factory option of pan roof with ambient lighting.

There is some stuff that its missing which would be nice to haves like electric memory seats, leather dash ect. But has alcantara steering wheel and seats which are so comfy

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Its a factory option of 500quid which give you 50bhp, 15mm lower, carbon front splitter, carbon diffuser, carbon wing and carbon inserts in the side skirts.

A no brainer really.

Mine also has the only other factory option of pan roof with ambient lighting.

There is some stuff that its missing which would be nice to haves like electric memory seats, leather dash ect. But has alcantara steering wheel and seats which are so comfy

Sounds great. Pano roof is an option that I'd spec on any factory order available. I had it on my RS5 and liked it better than having a convertible. It's really great in the summer. Also Ambient lighting usually doesnt cost too much and really lifts the cabin.

With everything on it, the performance the saving over the equivalent VW etc, it sounds like a really good all round package and a serious amount of car for the money. What about the interior, got any pics for us? Keen to see what it's like.

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
Yep completely agree. The quality isn't quite there but as you say its not pretending to be either. Also only being 150 of them in the UK not something you will see on the road every day.

I've only just cottoned on that this is the previous model... So this has the same (basically) software and dash as my Golf GTI did... which, I have to say, although less "swish", actually works better than the more recent buttonless solution (I had a Seat Leon rental for a while with the new touch screen)... In fact, the interior looks almost identical to my GTI...

JMS

Pit Crew
I've only just cottoned on that this is the previous model... So this has the same (basically) software and dash as my Golf GTI did... which, I have to say, although less "swish", actually works better than the more recent buttonless solution (I had a seat Leon rental for a while with the new touch screen)... In fact, the interior looks almost identical to my GTI...

Yeah its 2020 the very last before Cupra became non seat if that makes sense.

Seat always seemed to be one generation behind VW.

I don't mind the interior but it doesn't feel very premium not horrendous but supplied the VAG aren't a little more upmarket but I guess its a 35k car.

What I was impressed with was the seat dealer as I have got 3 years approved warranty, 2 years servicing and 2 years breakdown.. on top of that they serviced it before collection and gave me a full tank of momentum 99.