Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Splitter Opinions with or without ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Whats your thoughts on this splitter guys, with or without. Apparently its a perfect fit and is the same finish as the rear Carbon Challenge grill. I have asked for a full picture of the whole car with the splitter fitted because its hard to gauge ?

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Love it without @boba fett , its a stunning car cant help but think it changes the front but not for the better IMHO.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Agree on without.

Looks amazing as is - absolutely no need to improve.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I think it could look good with a splitter on it but that particular one isn't doing it for me. Looks too much of a bolt-on to the lines of the car. Definitely looks better without it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think it could look good with a splitter on it but that particular one isn't doing it for me. Looks too much of a bolt-on to the lines of the car. Definitely looks better without it.

I have searched high and low for a splitter, and this is the only real option I could find, a downside to Ferrari is the lack of good old tacky add-ons !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I have searched high and low for a splitter, and this is the only real option I could find, a downside to Ferrari is the lack of good old tacky add-ons !!

Yeah seems to be the case with rarer cars. Not enough of them around for people to make bits for due to lack of ROI. had the same issue with my Maserati when I had it. Also one of the number of things that puts me off the Alfa Quad.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Think the trouble is sometimes we need to appreciate that a car is as good as it can be , we always look to improve but when a car is that naturally beautiful just take a deep breath and leave well alone. now regarding the £1300 saving myself and @The Revenant saved you either bank transfer or cash is fine by me 🤣

HarryTea

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M4CP
I can be good as a bumper guard :cool:
Imagine you hit a curb or something, then the splitter and not your bumper gets scratched ;)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I can be good as a bumper guard :cool:
Imagine you hit a curb or something, then the splitter and not your bumper gets scratched ;)
That's a very good point, but at the price of the splitter I think it will hurt just as much !!