Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

State of the roads and its not just pot holes!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have noticed another problem more than ever. The stones, gravel and tarmac that has come out of the potholes!

There seems to be so much of it on the roads, and all I hear is little stones and chips flicking around my wheel arches. The problem is worse by the car in front of you (people can't seem to stay in the lane these days) if it goes off line and flicks up all the chips and stones lying just off the usual line or in the middle of two lane!

Anyone else notice it?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
That’s funny you should mention this. I was just thinking it the other day. The street round the corner from my house feels like a tonne of broken tarmac has been scattered over it.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I totally agree with you, thats why the new car is away for full PPF. It is like driving through a sandstorm with stones thrown in for good measure. This is really noticeable with artic lorries overtaking and throwing everything up in the air from the roadside and open potholes that they pass over.
I realise that the PPF may not totally save the paint but i had the GT4 done with it and after 3.5 years it was still immaculate.

Denso