Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Steering wheel

Senna11

Racing Driver
Plan to get the steering wheel recovered with M stitching and red stripe. But I need to use the car - do I buy another wheel and have this one sent off but that leaves me a spare steering wheel which is a PITA to sell. Someone is offering me an M F8X wheel for £130 but wants to do a deal outside EBay? Seems ok but also potential for being out of pocket here.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Royal Steering wheels do an exchange service. You pay a £250 deposit on top of the refurb cost and then after you receive and fit the new wheel, you send the old one back in the same box before they refund the deposit.

I’ve done it three times and their work has always been first class.

This may be a the solution! Do you get a similar year wheel?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
This may be a the solution! Do you get a similar year wheel?

The wheel arrives stripped down so you fit your own trim, switches and airbag to it. It’s identical to the wheel you send them. You email them first to make sure they have one in stock.

Old wheel on my M4:
C815D801-8675-4406-8E39-137A1B8B2701.jpeg

Re-trimmed replacement:
D57876D0-69B7-4C4B-AFF1-961E39010514.jpeg
CDA0849C-1844-48A0-B13E-297FE42032BB.jpeg

This is the leather one they did for my M6:
2E99AA02-0EAE-4655-8C34-65ECE7870E31.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I did what you can do, buy the other wheel, get yours done, then when all fitted, get the other wheel done in something desirable for the wider market and sell it for more money.

Jack Royal has done about 8 wheels for now including in a few Porsches, he does a lovely job, and I have only just had the E92 done...

Senna11

Racing Driver
Will an M3 wheel fit an F3X? Checked with Cotswold but they weren’t sure as they thought the airbags may be different but I can’t see that would be the case.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Will an M3 wheel fit an F3X? Checked with Cotswold but they weren’t sure as they thought the airbags may be different but I can’t see that would be the case.

Would some of the controls be different, is it a manual or Auto? the paddle shifters might be different as the M3 is DCT?

Senna11

Racing Driver
Would some of the controls be different, is it a manual or Auto? the paddle shifters might be different as the M3 is DCT?
Mine has paddleshift so I would have thought virtually the same as the fittings should match.

Senna11

Racing Driver
No sliding armrest so need to address this. Also is it possible to retrofit wireless charging?

Senna11

Racing Driver

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Mine has paddleshift so I would have thought virtually the same as the fittings should match.

I know you cant fit an M DCT E92 M3 wheel to an auto M sport model, but you might be able to do it on the F series. We need pictures of the new car more importantly?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

Yes the base wheel is the same. Just the trim and switch gear is different. You’d be reusing you’re existing airbag and switches anyway.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Will do some pics shortly. It is filthy as drove back in torrential rain. Needs a machine polish as well. Can’t recall what Air freshener someone uswd - possible canister?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Forgot you had used one of those. Are they expensive?

Yes I did try the Airvidox, and just about everything else on the market! but it soon came back, I got mine from Amazon and it was not expensive, and once you got it, you got it. I’ll let you know the model when I next go in the garage.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
If anyone is interested.