Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

3/4 series Technos 435D

Techno

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW 435D
After a succession of Saabs and latterly a B5 RS4 that was getting marginal for a growing teenage daughter, this felt like the right direction to go in.

Luckily, I'm not averse to a bit of modification, as the standard suspension was rather soft, even with the adaptive damping firmed up. The photo below was taken just after some AC Schnitzer springs had been fitted.

The other major change has been a custom remap, emphasising mid-range (rather than low end) torque. Now putting out 509 lb ft at 3400rpm and 363 bhp at 4400rpm there isn't a strangled feeling at the top end like it had as standard.

Last on the list is an xHP transmission flash, this will be going on soon, probably over Christmas when I have some time free. Hoping this will firm up the torque convertor at low speed and using the custom settings to prevent it hanging on to gears to unnecessary high revs when pushing on.

IMG_9962-plate-blanked-for-.jpg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
After a succession of Saabs and latterly a B5 RS4 that was getting marginal for a growing teenage daughter, this felt like the right direction to go in.

Luckily, I'm not averse to a bit of modification, as the standard suspension was rather soft, even with the adaptive damping firmed up. The photo below was taken just after some AC Schnitzer springs had been fitted.

The other major change has been a custom remap, emphasising mid-range (rather than low end) torque. Now putting out 509 lb ft at 3400rpm and 363 bhp at 4400rpm there isn't a strangled feeling at the top end like it had as standard.

Last on the list is an xHP transmission flash, this will be going on soon, probably over Christmas when I have some time free. Hoping this will firm up the torque convertor at low speed and using the custom settings to prevent it hanging on to gears to unnecessary high revs when pushing on.

View attachment 110

I'm pretty sure that's a 435d mate, and very nice to, title says 453d (if BMW make one of those I'd like one as well) !!

Techno

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW 435D
Cheers chaps. Yes, it hasn't had a massive overbore conversion, the old fingers get a bit dyslexic at times.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cheers chaps. Yes, it hasn't had a massive overbore conversion, the old fingers get a bit dyslexic at times.

What a car though a 453d would be !!

A lovely car though OP, it would show an E36 M3 a clean pair of heels (even an E46 M3) no boubt !! That's Estoril as well, a lush colour !