Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tengocity's M4

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
I bought this M4 Competition new in July 2018. It was a stock car, but had all the spec I wanted: Silverstone Blue exterior, Silverstone interior, and full leather doors and dash. I'd had a a F31 already so wanted this to feel a step up, and the full leather and carbon certainly does that. Otherwise it has Adaptive LEDs, HUD, HK sounds, and importantly I didn't want Comfort Access (security). Since then I added the MPerformance Alcantara steering wheel and arm rest to the interior. I would love to get a custom full Alcantar headlining, but thus far have not been able to justify it.
It has quite a few external modifications too... MP carbon spoiler, diffuser and wing mirrors. It also has a XPEL Ultimate fitted to front end, and GTechniq Crystal Serum Black finish all over.
There are no engine mods, though that may change once out of warranty. However it does have a full cat-back Remus exhaust with non-resonated midpipe. It's actually too loud for me most of time so I run a CG valve controller and have the valves closed most of the time. I should probably get the resonated mid pipe, but it's another £800!
It now sits on AC Schnitzer RS coilovers (KW v3), Millway adjustable road top mounts, fully set up by Center Gravity inc Corner Weighting and a road and track settings for the front camber.

I also have an Alcon RC6/4 BBK front and rear, with Pagid RS29 and Ferodo DS2500 pads options. These come with larger discs than standard, at 400mm front and 380mm rear.... they are in a different league to the standard brakes. The braking performance is now tyre/ABS limited, both in outright stopping but also length of track sessions you can do before something overheats... it's always the tyres now!

For wheels I've actually got 4 sets! The original 666s which are heavy and have a crap ride. They're sat in storage in pristine condition! In summer I run the CS 763 wheels in orbit grey, with Pilot Cup2s, and the rest of the year with 437s with PS4S rears/Supersport fronts. I also have a set of 437s with Pilot Alpin 4 winter tyres, so I can run it all year round. I prefer not to put them in unless I really need to.

I do like modifying a car, but as I do around 8-10 track days a year I think it's all stuff that's really needed on these. I would love to put in some buckets and harnesses, but it's still my daily driver, and I've got to get the dog in too, so won't be happening any time soon. Decided to buy an Exige instead! I do kind of wish I'd bought the F80 4 door at times though, as that would just make life a bit simpler for getting the dog in and out, but it's manageable just now, as it's just occasional short journeys. We have a 340 tourer with a boot crate for dog duties.348F38F3-0610-4931-8C63-48B2BBD10BD1.jpeg2042F562-42C5-4C44-ADCE-38BE78135F24.jpeg66CE97D4-1DD4-44A7-B81B-B082EFD18661.jpeg

Last edited:

Jigglepuff

Tyre Kicker
Drives
F82 M4
Looks great mate.
Do the ACS coil overs work with the EDC? how is the ride with these on? Is it still comfortable? Also, can I ask how much they cost please?

sorry for all the questions!

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
Looks great mate.
Do the ACS coil overs work with the EDC? how is the ride with these on? Is it still comfortable? Also, can I ask how much they cost please?

sorry for all the questions!
No, they’re manually adjustable coilovers, and the adaptive functionality is bypassed. On road settings they’re not too bad, but the spring rate is higher than stock. Overall I’d say it’s firmer but smoother, less crashy. I think standard BMW dampers are pretty crap.

You can get coilovers that work with the adaptive but they are a lot pricier. Brand new these are over £3k, but you could get KW v3, which are almost the same for about £2k depending on deals at the time.

The handling is so much better, on track because you can firm them up, and on bumpy B roads because better body control improves everything from cornering to traction to braking.

DazMVR

Tyre Kicker
Drives
E92 M3 comp / Vw Corrado Vr6
Great looking M4
I had a e92 in Silverstone and if I ever buy a M4 Silverstone would be high on my want list :)