Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tesla price drop

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Another £40k and they'll become popular :LOL:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Competition basically, cheaper Chinese offerings from BYD and mainstream manufacturers coming on stream. Wants to keep no 1 status, although also now has global scale. However the current charging network is not keeping up and I do feel the govt needs to adopt a more flexible strategy rather than outright EVs.
Well….just ensuring the road infrastructure is fit for purpose would be a start

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That's a welcome step in the right direction, hopefully the next change will be a nice sounding ICE!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
The roads around here are fucked and double-fucked.

I’ve started keeping an eye on the Taycan forum and FB Groups and all I read about are knackered chargers!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Big pothole a few months back did this to the TT, i spend more time concentrating on missing potholes, sunken drains etc than i do on any other road hazard.

6840378A-A3E7-4281-BF19-39F71B39B3E5.jpeg

Denso

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
What’s the story with used values? Is there still an “issue” that older EVs could become a big problem due to battery life?

StuartK

Chief Engineer
What’s the story with used values? Is there still an “issue” that older EVs could become a big problem due to battery life?
No different to replacing an engine except easier.
Though most manufacturers offer a hefty battery warranty.

bytejunkie

Tyre Kicker
Drives
B7 RS4, STR 675R
depends on the manufacturer. vauxhall/GM overenineered the battery in the ampera/volt so much that they're all doing 200k miles on original batteries. renault zoes, not so much. but then you lease the battery on some of their models. fair few teslas getting to 80/90k now and i dont hear anything about expensive batteries needing replacing, but i dont frequent their owners forums for fear of catching something.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Prius battery's seem to go on forever! They have been in them cars since the early 2000's