Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tesla

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Appears to be locked in or so it says on the invoice. Tesla seem to have lots of price increases during the year.
I was just looking this morning with my mate who's M3 is just coming up to 3 year old. He was saying the price has only gone up by about £2k in 3 years. Which in todays world isn't bad.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
So have been thinking about a front splitter but can’t see any I really like apart from the Vorsteiner and don’t wish to spend anywhere near that. Ordered a carbon fibre rear spoiler similar to the Tesla performance model.
Any thoughts on this although it’s black gloss

I had a full Maxton kit on my Golf R. It looks great when fitted and is cheap as chips.

Personally I think the V2 version is too much. Looks like it’s hanging off in the pics on the site. The V1 version is better in my eyes. OEM+ without being too obvious.

18A2E26D-9BD5-4B84-8780-9AEAAA11C3D5.jpeg
5B54AB04-FFC3-4FF4-8482-A032C9F61330.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The Maxton side skirts and rear diffuser look pants on the Tesla

Personally I would t bother with any of it then. I just think a front diffuser on its own always looks tacked on and out of place without the matching lines around the sides at least.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Personally I would t bother with any of it then. I just think a front diffuser on its own always looks tacked on and out of place without the matching lines around the sides at least.
The front needs a lip to finish it off but it needs a flatter profile side skirt. All the kits I’ve seen so far are appear clumsy and overwrought.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The front needs a lip to finish it off but it needs a flatter profile side skirt. All the kits I’ve seen so far are appear clumsy and overwrought.

Reiger might be worth a look. Not sure if they do one Tesla though

Senna11

Racing Driver
So car has arrived picked it up from a hub which has a huge number of Tesla’s due for collection. You are told to familiarise yourself with controls prior to picking up…not done lol. The card wasn’t paired to the car so couldn’t drive off, then noticed a scratch on the black trim, which you have to report on the app and you either take it in to a service centre or they send someone to you to fix / replace. Wasn’t happy about that but there we are.
It was given a cursory clean but the whole experience was rather poor particular when you are spending a lot of money.

It had a 100 miles of charge so drove down the motorway to find one of these superchargers and very straightforward- reverse in, plug the charger in and wait for about 20- 25 mins to add some more charge. Managed to work out why I was cooking in the car with the AC on - temps were set to 27 degrees!

Quality is much improved from earlier models and very easy to drive, virtually using just one pedal. Handling seems fine and it is very comfortable but early days to provide any proper feedback.

I do wonder where the money has gone, the batteries must be the expensive part as the quality of materials used is somewhat underwhelming, cheap looking plastics here and there, average looking materials not what you expect non a car costing nearly £60K.

Carbon rear spoiler ordered and will book it in for rear window tints. Not sure whether to leave the wheels silver or change to satin black.

No lumbar support control on the passenger seat :oops:.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So car has arrived picked it up from a hub which has a huge number of Tesla’s due for collection. You are told to familiarise yourself with controls prior to picking up…not done lol. The card wasn’t paired to the car so couldn’t drive off, then noticed a scratch on the black trim, which you have to report on the app and you either take it in to a service centre or they send someone to you to fix / replace. Wasn’t happy about that but there we are.
It was given a cursory clean but the whole experience was rather poor particular when you are spending a lot of money.

It had a 100 miles of charge so drove down the motorway to find one of these superchargers and very straightforward- reverse in, plug the charger in and wait for about 20- 25 mins to add some more charge. Managed to work out why I was cooking in the car with the AC on - temps were set to 27 degrees!

Quality is much improved from earlier models and very easy to drive, virtually using just one pedal. Handling seems fine and it is very comfortable but early days to provide any proper feedback.

I do wonder where the money has gone, the batteries must be the expensive part as the quality of materials used is somewhat underwhelming, cheap looking plastics here and there, average looking materials not what you expect non a car costing nearly £60K.

Carbon rear spoiler ordered and will book it in for rear window tints. Not sure whether to leave the wheels silver or change to satin black.

No lumbar support control on the passenger seat :oops:.

Got any pictures Senna?

Is it £60k for a model 3
aghast.gif

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Will post some up. Approx £59K for a long range and £62K for performance model. Went up about £5K recently.
Should flip it as used prices above new.

My god I had no idea they are that expensive for what they are!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Not as

Not that exciting to look at!

That's not the point, I have never sat in one, or really taken any notice of one, the closest I have been to one is when I had an FG Leopard.

Interested in your thoughts as I know you have had some nice cars.