Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tesla

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
It is actually a good car to drive and handles really well. I don’t think the interior is premium enough for the price but I am pleasantly surprised. What you don’t get is a connection with the car compared to ICE but nonetheless a well executed product that is the standard bearer for EVs helped with the foresight of a good charging network. The packaging is very clever as keeping all the controls on the screen and regular updates keeps costs down but I do find the screen less distracting then when I first drove it.

This is the bit that missing from me being able to pass judgement to be honest. I've never driven an EV at all yet. If the drive is good enough then the radically spartan interior becomes less of an issue I suppose, but based on design alone, I think something like the Kia EV6 is more attractive to me personally, although it's not a premium product.

I can see myself going done the EV route as a daily at some point, coupled with a weekend ICE toy I think.

Senna11

Racing Driver
This is the bit that missing from me being able to pass judgement to be honest. I've never driven an EV at all yet. If the drive is good enough then the radically spartan interior becomes less of an issue I suppose, but based on design alone, I think something like the Kia EV6 is more attractive to me personally, although it's not a premium product.

I can see myself going done the EV route as a daily at some point, coupled with a weekend ICE toy I think.
Spot on. And that’s where I am and if you run your own business then you would be crazy not to take advantage of the tax write off but this will disappear soon.
I disagree with your comment about Kia not being a premium product. Not in the same sectors as German prestige makes but they make some great cars and Kia Hyundai have made some great strategic hires, with the right people in place. Who would have thought that Kia make more attractive cars than BMW!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Oh I totally get the car, and no doubt its good and cheap to run, but I shudder to think I might have to be in something like that in the near future.

saltyamigo

Tyre Kicker
Drives
S Box.
What colour did you go for?
Went for the standard multi coat white, my current Tesla is MSM same as yours and previous 335D was Mineral Grey so fancied a change rather than having 3 grey cars in a row. I prefer the red but not as much as pay £2K extra for it, black is non metallic and a nightmare to keep clean, so it was between blue and white, my wife prefers the white with the contrasting black trim so just went with that.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Went for the standard multi coat white, my current Tesla is MSM same as yours and previous 335D was Mineral Grey so fancied a change rather than having 3 grey cars in a row. I prefer the red but not as much as pay £2K extra for it, black is non metallic and a nightmare to keep clean, so it was between blue and white, my wife prefers the white with the contrasting black trim so just went with that.
Good combination. I thought the same about the red, way too much money for that and Tesla aren’t known for paint quality. The black looks a little flat IMO.
Did you pay for the connectivity package at £10pm? Had the free trial end and not sure it’s worth it.

saltyamigo

Tyre Kicker
Drives
S Box.
I just tether to my phone currently but might subscribe in the new car as it is a bit of a pain and you do lose some features such as satellite maps and live view for sentry mode. I had 1 year with current car but as you say it's only 1 month now. It's not a lot of money but it is yet another subscription service to add to the monthly list and I can easily live without it, so in a similar position to you, it's nice to have but not essential when you can tether.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Data ports. Now when I bought the car I thought the 2 USBC ports in the centre console would handle data but to my surprise the 2022MY only charge. There is only one USB hub in the glovebox to handle data currently occupied by a memory stick so will need to use a hub.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Data ports. Now when I bought the car I thought the 2 USBC ports in the centre console would handle data but to my surprise the 2022MY only charge. There is only one USB hub in the glovebox to handle data currently occupied by a memory stick so will need to use a hub.

What data do you need to transfer form your phone to the car? Has it not got wireless Carplay/Android Auto?

Senna11

Racing Driver
What data do you need to transfer form your phone to the car? Has it not got wireless Carplay/Android Auto?
Would you believe it hasn’t?!! I can purchase a data module and cable to retrofit which would allow me to play play music stored on a memory stick for example but cannot use the game controller. First world problems!
I mean how many charging ports does car need FFS!

Senna11

Racing Driver
2 USB c charge ports in the rear, 2 in the centre console, 2 wireless phone chargers. Only one data port currently used to store recordings from cameras, where as earlier cars could access data from centre console.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Cost cutting I believe or short of parts. They removed the lumbar support from passenger seat citing no one used it.

Reminds me of the passenger wing mirror on my M5. All others dim except it. Thought it was a fault. Turns out it was a cost cutting exercise!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Put the carbon rear spoiler on today, rear window tints have been done but might need to be redone as there is a pinch in the film. Need to fit the clear film rear sill protectors now. Had to re wash was the car as the neighbour had the tree surgeons in and covered the car in detritus.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Put the carbon rear spoiler on today, rear window tints have been done but might need to be redone as there is a pinch in the film. Need to fit the clear film rear sill protectors now. Had to re wash was the car as the neighbour had the tree surgeons in and covered the car in detritus.

Well where’s the photos then???

Senna11

Racing Driver
I don't know why, but I had it in my head that I would see a big ducktail or something!

How are you getting on with it?
Wanted OEM look but gloss finish not matte. Car is fine, very easy to live with although I do wish there were some physical controls as I don’t like everything on a touch screen.

Jamminmk

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M340
Went to look at and sit in an ev6 2 weeks ago, would look good in white, or the satin grey if it was available

Inside is a bit average, seats were ok

Jag IPace this weekend, visually much better, nicer interior, but slow charging

I considered and test drove the Tesla 3 performance, drove really well, but couldn’t live with the touch screen or the jelly mould shape

At the moment I am considering the ipace hse, I can get it as a co car, but not an ev6 gt yet, as it’s way out of grade, despite a 16k lower list price than the jag

Guess that’s jag discount, better residuals, and the ev6 gt being new.

Senna11

Racing Driver
EV6 looks really good, clever buy and KIA making some fine cars. Tesla model 3 long range is a better buy than the performance and not much difference in terms of speed but you soon get used to the the big screen. Drive and handling is very good, much more sorted compared to the Polestar that I tested. The Jag is a handsome car and fit and finish better than others slow charging and efficiency not quite as good as others as you mentioned. EVs make perfect sense as a co. car with low BIK.