Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tesla

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
iPace is a very handsome machine I feel. I do really like the EV6. Kia are really coming into their stride now with their designs. I like the exterior design of the Model 3 but I just can't live with Tesla's spartan approach to interiors. Externally, I've seen some crackers. It's amazing what adecent set of wheels and even a spoiler do for the car. Vorsteiner bits are nice on it:

1660682106943.png

I also quite like the Startech front end:

1660682206418.png

Senna11

Racing Driver
Given the cost of a Tesla, they do need to up their game on the interior although as an overall package it still sets the benchmark as does the charging infrastructure. However I have yet to rely on charging elsewhere and confirming your registration at some facilities prior to charging appears to be a pain. No doubt this will change as the charging infrastructure improves, increases. Also not used Zap map yet.

saltyamigo

Tyre Kicker
Drives
S Box.
Tesla model 3 long range is a better buy than the performance and not much difference in terms of speed but you soon get used to the the big screen.

Would have agreed 100% with that when there was a big price difference, it was as much as £11.5K at one time, now it's down to £4K the performance is a lot easier to justify especially if you want to add acceleration boost and upgrade the wheels on the LR, that's leaves £1K extra for the carbon spoiler and brake upgrade. The LR maybe is still the better all round car with longer range, better comfort and less road noise due to the smaller wheels, although I think the Performance suspension has been softened a little.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Would have agreed 100% with that when there was a big price difference, it was as much as £11.5K at one time, now it's down to £4K the performance is a lot easier to justify especially if you want to add acceleration boost and upgrade the wheels on the LR, that's leaves £1K extra for the carbon spoiler and brake upgrade. The LR maybe is still the better all round car with longer range, better comfort and less road noise due to the smaller wheels, although I think the Performance suspension has been softened a little.
Wasn’t particularly bothered about the wheels and don’t like the matte carbon spoiler as it looks unfinished. Certainly wouldn’t pay for the acceleration boost and it’s plenty fast enough. Red brake calipers however do look spot on.
Range was more important to me as first EV.
Just checked the pricing and LR in my spec is now £8K more expensive over 5 months.

Last edited:

saltyamigo

Tyre Kicker
Drives
S Box.
You bought at a good time, you should be able to run the car with no depreciation for quite a long time.

Senna11

Racing Driver
EVs still too expensive for the masses and the infrastructure is not there and a flawed government strategy doesn’t help. If it wasn’t for the business write off I wouldn’t have purchased one yet.

Senna11

Racing Driver
You bought at a good time, you should be able to run the car with no depreciation for quite a long time.
Just managed to secure before the first price increase. Appears to be long wait times at the moment for new orders.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Have to say, the ability to warm the car, seats, steering wheel and heater prior to driving off from my phone is great. Tech updates OTA have also been good and fairly frequent.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Recent price drop by Tesla to protect position has meant used prices all over the place and perhaps the smart money is put as little upfront into these if financing.
Anyway thinking of what to have next so might be a Polestar as prefer the interior but may wait for interest rates to settle and reduce after the peak.