Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Thank you all!

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
I just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to all the new members who’s joined the forum in the last few days.

We set this site up as a UK-centric, sarcasm encouraged, haven for like-minded car enthusiasts to hang out and enjoy exchanging views as much as ogling each others cars.

The site has been slow to get off the ground, trying to compete with the rise of Facebook groups (that are mostly full of “innit bruv” wankers), the totalitarian forums where everyone is too scared to let people talk for fear of pissing off a sponsor or getting sued and the American-centric forums that just don’t seem to get the British sense of humour.

The rock and the hard place is that content breeds users and users breed content. It takes a while to get off the ground and the recent influx of active users should really help this place get off the ground.

This site is set up as a hobby. It doesn’t make any money like some of the biggies. We just wanted to create a nice place that hopefully does what the other forums don’t.

To say thank you, we’ve decided to run our first proper competition.

Post with the most likes at the end of the month wins a years subscription to Evo Magazine (or Doggers Monthly, whatever you prefer).

See here: https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/march-evo-competiton.581/

Last edited by a moderator:

G50

Boy Racer
Drives
Bmw 540i
Great post. I've been on a few Facebook groups for cars, every one has been dog shit and full of half brained knobs asking the same question each day. "where did you get the black grills/splitter/supplier from?“

Fucking eBay like every other unimaginative c**t, Google it!

Anyway, really enjoying the vibe here, regardless of the moderation, less pretention and very positive.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Yeah the Facebook groups are dreadful. I'm part of the Porsche GB Club which all seem decent guys, but I got recommended to join the TIPEC rival club Facebook group just as they were more active, and to see what the rival club was about. Well, what a bunch of tossers 😂 Glad i'm not a paid up member put it that way.

MashinBenzin

Test Pilot
Drives
D5
Yep, another vote down for the Facebook groups. The atrocious layout/ordering makes it even worse.

Great effort in creating this place and hopefully we can all keep it lively now. I’ll hold my hands up and say I joined early on and then drifted off.

Doggers Monthly you say, @Broncho is that the mag you edit?

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
Yep, another vote down for the Facebook groups. The atrocious layout/ordering makes it even worse.

Great effort in creating this place and hopefully we can all keep it lively now. I’ll hold my hands up and say I joined early on and then drifted off.

Doggers Monthly you say, @Broncho is that the mag you edit?
Not me but I was contributing editor to Flange Fitters weekly.

Chappers 71

Tyre Kicker
Drives
E92 335i
I joined a while ago as I was also a bit miffed at bimmerpost but did find it a bit quite here & not much content for my old e92 35i & have been guilty of not really adding much to the forum, having posted a fair bit on e90 post.
I will now make more of an effort to post on Deutsche Speed.
Damn those bloody Colonials!

Is there an F1 thread here?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I joined a while ago as I was also a bit miffed at bimmerpost but did find it a bit quite here & not much content for my old e92 35i & have been guilty of not really adding much to the forum, having posted a fair bit on e90 post.
I will now make more of an effort to post on Deutsche Speed.
Damn those bloody Colonials!

Is there an F1 thread here?
Start one mate, I want to follow it this year and would like to know the 2022 calendar.