Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Photos The Car park look back picture thread.....

BENLEV

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M3 E93
Thanks Ben. Are you still looking for one?
yes still looking mate, no luck as yet. I've seen a few frozen greys and frozen silvers, but am waiting out for a Frozen black. Can I convince you to sell with a healthy offer?;)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
yes still looking mate, no luck as yet. I've seen a few frozen greys and frozen silvers, but am waiting out for a Frozen black. Can I convince you to sell with a healthy offer?;)

Hi mate, I did want to keep it a little longer, I have not even run the Rod bearings in yet!! Is it specifically a Frozen Black edition you want, or are you happy with a normal non edition car in Frozen Black?

BENLEV

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M3 E93
Ahh I see, time to put it to use!
Out of interest, how long does it take to run the rod bearings in?

I would prefer a Frozen black edition, but due to the scarcity of these cars as it is, if a decent, well specced and looked after non-edition came for sale, I would most definitely be interested.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ahh I see, time to put it to use!
Out of interest, how long does it take to run the rod bearings in?

I would prefer a Frozen black edition, but due to the scarcity of these cars as it is, if a decent, well specced and looked after non-edition came for sale, I would most definitely be interested.

Well that depends where you get them done, some say you don't have to run them in. I got mine done at ETA motorsport and being one of the best I trust there judgement. Running in is 500 miles and then increasing and an oil change at 1000 miles. I still have 300 miles to go to the oil change!

Its a shame as my rod bearings where like new and the best ETA have ever seen, but its piece of mind.

Spec wise, that's the nice thing about the frozen Black Edition, it had everything thrown in and some unique touches as well!

Have a look at my thread:

BENLEV

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M3 E93
Well that depends where you get them done, some say you don't have to run them in. I got mine done at ETA motorsport and being one of the best I trust there judgement. Running in is 500 miles and then increasing and an oil change at 1000 miles. I still have 300 miles to go to the oil change!

Its a shame as my rod bearings where like new and the best ETA have ever seen, but its piece of mind.

Spec wise, that's the nice thing about the frozen Black Edition, it had everything thrown in and some unique touches as well!

Have a look at my thread:

I've heard the same about the bearings - 500 miles to run in at low revs, and then an oil change at 1000.

Fortunately, I have only bought E9x's that have already had the bearings done - in my opinion as a prospective buyer, it adds a great deal of value to the car, and shows that it has been looked after and cared for, more likely by an enthusiast.
Yes, I've noticed that with the 'edition' cars, as well as the more expensive 'individual' colours are fully loaded spec wise from factory.

I had a look at the thread. It is a lovely machine!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I've heard the same about the bearings - 500 miles to run in at low revs, and then an oil change at 1000.

Fortunately, I have only bought E9x's that have already had the bearings done - in my opinion as a prospective buyer, it adds a great deal of value to the car, and shows that it has been looked after and cared for, more likely by an enthusiast.
Yes, I've noticed that with the 'edition' cars, as well as the more expensive 'individual' colours are fully loaded spec wise from factory.

I had a look at the thread. It is a lovely machine!

Thanks, yes indeed, its also nice to know the old bearings where perfect as well, shows its been loved and looked engine wise as well.

Given your posts, I have been using it again as I want to get the oil change over the line! Its surprising how much attention it gets !