Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

The electric revolution is happening quicker than expected.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s a happening quicker than expected for me. Nearly every car add is electric these days, and the fuel crisis has helped it no boudt, so what do we think?

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
I honestly don’t think it’s the answer, F1 and Porsche are working on synthetic fuels, I foresee a huge scandal about open cast lithium mining and end of life disposal

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I honestly don’t think it’s the answer, F1 and Porsche are working on synthetic fuels, I foresee a huge scandal about open cast lithium mining and end of life disposal

I agree, everything that uses battery's is crap.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Well, I think it's a load of old bollocks, so ignoring it until such time as I can't.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well, I think it's a load of old bollocks, so ignoring it until such time as I can't.
Its a good approach to take, but I even have mates that are into cars now talking about fucking Tesla's and others.

To some people (mostly the younger generations) they are now considered cool and trendy. They are getting brain washed!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
...actually without recreating "what have the Roman's done for us" scene, - My Makita LXT tools are quite good !!

Until the infrastructure is at a level whereby it can support me and my family through a normal day, I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

The Makita tools are great. Sold in thousands of outlets, with spares and parts readily available and other options if they fail...

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I'm a Bosch Pro man myself. As for electric cars, I've never driven one but I think if I tried a proper fast one, I'd probably like it but as I've said before, if it doesn't go "broom broom" I'm not interested.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I've been in a model X (it was the big SUV thingy if that's what its called) because if I didn't I would have been on diet coke all night. Now let me clear my throat, ahem, it was actually quite good, and it went very well indeed even with 5 in the car in that lunatic mode. Other than that, I might as well of been in a 1st class Tram.

Senna11

Racing Driver
The Govt. should just set the targets not the solutions. EV will from the largest solution but infrastructure is poor, payment systems bewildering, poor design for disabled, need shelter from wet, mucky cables.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Sadly the speed that it is moving is far to fast to have infrastructure and planning for home charging and the cost to come down, politicians trying to please the green regrade with all the promises with low emissions zones all over our towns in Scotland will kill many shops and damage the economy if not done at reasonable pace as we wind down to lower focal fuel uses IMHO.
We as a country are trying to lead at all costs and that’s not the answer, structure and planning, something that does not exist for politicians unfortunately.
God this crap about farting cows killing the planet, then replace meat with synthetic garbage lol

Says the guy that’s got no car a cycles everywhere, and rockets everything lol, I’m turning into an eco warrior 😂