Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

The Range Rover Thread

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Fitment and colour match looks good stone.

Looks so much more aggressive now.

What are thinking to do with the spot lights?

StuartK

Chief Engineer
You must fit the fog lights. You’ll need them they are really useful when off road in bad weather.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Fitment and colour match looks good stone.

Looks so much more aggressive now.

What are thinking to do with the spot lights?

I don’t actually like them on that front bumper. It’s one thing about the kit I don’t like so if we can ditch them altogether I’ll be fine with that. Having done some digging tonight it looks like some folks shorten the pipe before the bend and also remove a bit of trim. Which I’m not that keen on. Bodyshop have said they’ve painted the brackets for them and added some mesh effect to create a pseudo-duct to the match the mesh above. I’ll see what that looks like.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I went Green laneing yesterday afternoon with a few Pals, it was good fun and quite scary once the light faded, but not again, I spent the whole morning cleaning and getting all the caked on dirt off, it was everywhere, then I had to jet wash the whole drive, as it looked like someone had delivered half a tonne of wet dirt and dumped it in the middle.

It came up nice though after a morning of cleaning !!

Last edited:

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Looks a like beast Boba!

Really can't wait to get mine.

So with greenlaning, how could I go with some experienced people?

I never never done it before.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks a like beast Boba!

Really can't wait to get mine.

So with greenlaning, how could I go with some experienced people?

I never never done it before.

Hi thanks, yeah not many full Factory Overfinch's made like this!! Where I live, there is a club / meet, that tend to meet up most weekends its been going for years, I used to go quite regular some time ago armed with a piece of Poo (Wranglers, Jeeps even a Vitara etc.. most have been jacked up Biffers and if the going got tuff you left it and collected another day!!) however with something nice you have to be a bit more careful where you go, and make sure at least one motor has a working Winch !! I know most of the courses around my way, and I know what the Finch can do, on the high setting and on Road tyres. You have to know what you are doing though, on a nice Range you can do a LOT of damage, underneath, sills, skirts, wheels, plastics and trim.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Hi mate where I live, there is a club / meet, that tend to meet up most weekends its been going for years, I used to go quite regular some time ago armed with a piece of Poo (Wranglers, Jeeps even a Vitara etc.. most have been jacked up Biffers and if the going got tuff you left it and collected another day!!) however with something nice you have to be a bit more careful where you go, and make sure at least one motor has a working Winch !! I know most of the courses around my way, and I know what the Finch can do, on the high setting and on Road tyres. You have to know what you are doing though, on a nice Range you can do a LOT of damage, underneath, sills, skirts, wheels, plastics and trim.

Yea I can imagine. I can confidently say I am handy behind the wheel of a rwd car. However off roading I have zero experience.

I am thinking to do the land rover experience day as a starting point and see where that goes.

Given it probably will not be anywhere near as hard-core as what you get up to. It would be a safe controlled environment.

What do you think?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yea I can imagine. I can confidently say I am handy behind the wheel of a rwd car. However off roading I have zero experience.

I am thinking to do the land rover experience day as a starting point and see where that goes.

Given it probably will not be anywhere near as hard-core as what you get up to. It would be a safe controlled environment.

What do you think?

We have done that twice now, Land Rover used to give you an overnight stay as well, but its just a morning or afternoon these days. Even so, Its still a great experience, and you will be surprised at what these cars can do and still make you think WTF this is my new car! (you can chose to go in there demo car as well, which we did on the first occasion) however, its all done with a safety net that protects you and the car (mainly the car)

Looking forward to you getting one, they are seriously lovely cars and the nicest place to be !

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Guys,

What would hold its value better over 3 years.

2018 RRS dynamic
2017 RR VSE

These are both similar in price to buy (spec dependant). I suspect however the RR may be a touch too big as a practical daily around the city?

Thoughts?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Cant answer the value question but if you compare cars 14 and 15 plate cars on autotrader you’ll get a close approximation of the difference. Full fat RR seems massive but I guess it isn’t that much bigger than the RRS. I could see me being more comfortable with a RR having lived with the RRS for a while

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Guys,

What would hold its value better over 3 years.

2018 RRS dynamic
2017 RR VSE

These are both similar in price to buy (spec dependant). I suspect however the RR may be a touch too big as a practical daily around the city?

Thoughts?

They are the same chassis, and just a little bit more overhang on the FF, so you will barely notice the difference. They feel different though, the FF feels bigger and more arm chair !

As for values, I don't think that should matter, but more get the car you want, as they are surprisingly different.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
I was reading yesterday, they may allow test drives again. As there is no legal grounds for reprimand if test drives are conducted solo.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
They are the same chassis, and just a little bit more overhang on the FF, so you will barely notice the difference. They feel different though, the FF feels bigger and more arm chair !

As for values, I don't think that should matter, but more get the car you want, as they are surprisingly different.

I was weighing up option, if for example a RR loses 25k in 3 years,. then it might make more financial sense to lease it. Something I have never done before, but stones thread as given me inspiration.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I was weighing up option, if for example a RR loses 25k in 3 years,. then it might make more financial sense to lease it. Something I have never done before, but stones thread as given me inspiration.

One of my pet hates is depreciation, that's why I bought an older Sport, as prices seem to have leveled off. You will always lose more money on the newer car.