Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

The Range Rover Thread

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
So the latest on this beast is that the fault cleared yesterday and I took it a drive, before it promptly came back again. Monarch in Glasgow called me back to say that they couldnt take the car until the 30th of January and that given the description of the fault they recommend it goes to a JLR dealer.

Supplying dealer have now booked it into the main dealer local to me on the 14th of Jan, arranged to have it collected and delivered, organised a courtesy car for us if we need it (we don't at the minute) and have agreed to extend our distance-selling cancellation rights to the end of January to cover a worst-case scenario where we're still not happy. The MD called me this morning to apologise.

So we've decided that as long as it gets sorted and a clean bill of health from the JLR dealer we're going to keep the car as it really is a superb example and armed with a full check from JLR that the car is sound, that is something that other cars we might purchase from an Indy dealer wouldn't have.

I also have to say that in my history of buying cars both new and used that have arrived with a problem this particular dealership is handling the problem better than any other I've ever experienced. So although it's all very disappointing I really can't fault what's happening to remedy things.

Last edited:

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
Id concur that is actually a decent response from the selling dealership.

I would love a beast like this but the wife is happy with her Q5 and says anything from JLR is too big, Seeing as the M6 is now SORN for the next few months I will have to enjoy Q5 land for a while.

I would stick with this it looks a great example and colour. Fingers crossed for you.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I would give the dealer the benefit, as they are being so transparent and helpful. A full check over from a main dealer (I'd give them a drink to check the whole car over) is priceless with them being the 3rd party !

Senna11

Racing Driver
That’s great service from your dealer Derek and would be great if more could follow their standards. Hope it all gets resolved for you.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I would give the dealer the benefit, as they are being so transparent and helpful. A full check over from a main dealer (I'd give them a drink to check the whole car over) is priceless with them being the 3rd party !

That’s what I’m thinking as well. Taggarts (Lookers) are the main dealer here and as they’ve nothing to gain or lose they’re going to give us the unvarnished truth on the car.

Would be worth a wee call to the Service Manager to ask him to have a proper look at it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Id concur that is actually a decent response from the selling dealership.

I would love a beast like this but the wife is happy with her Q5 and says anything from JLR is too big, Seeing as the M6 is now SORN for the next few months I will have to enjoy Q5 land for a while.

I would stick with this it looks a great example and colour. Fingers crossed for you.

Well it’s funny you should say that. My missus is coming from a Q3 but rather than go to a Q5 I said we should really go up to a Q7 sized motor. The Rangey makes the Q3 look like a Hotwheels car. She hasn’t driven it yet either and had concerns about the size of it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The new daily, which I had some fun on the beach today..

D5F7EA22-7221-4078-9F2E-A115BEED33CE.jpeg
765A035E-B59A-44F7-8ADC-0D1E1B31535E.jpeg9CD2F466-2E44-4104-849C-FF800DE1A241.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lots of presence! Any interior shots? Did you have one of this model before?

Never had a genuine Overfinch before, but had a few L322's over the years, this is on another lever inside, I plan on getting it cleaned up and looking nice tomorrow and get all the sand off it and out of it so I will take some shots and post up.

This shot was just before getting wet and Sandy !!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Pfft! Doesn’t even have any warning lights on the dash snd the gear shifter looks like it actually works. Rubbish! 😉

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Pfft! Doesn’t even have any warning lights on the dash snd the gear shifter looks like it actually works. Rubbish! 😉

Everything works mate, quite unusual for a Rangy, even the rear TV's, it took me quite some time to check everything worked correctly when buying !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Looks good.
My faults have disappeared leaving just the engine being a bit rough in cold start and an airbag warning light that won’t go off. Goes into LR main dealer on Thursday so hopefully something simple for them to sort.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks good.
My faults have disappeared leaving just the engine a ring a bit rough in cold start and an airbag warning light that won’t go off. Goes into LR main dealer on Thursday so hopefully something simple for them to sort.

Think I like this (to be in) than the Sport we have, but they drive differently....

The Sport drives much more car like, almost the same as an X5 or X6 but better, the way the suspension works in corners is a marvel! The Voque is like driving around in a high up armchair on a magic carpet !!

Edit: Just found the Sport mode on the Overfinch !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Wee update on my recently purchased Range Rover Sport for anyone interested.

It has been in at the main dealers since Thursday last week and the following faults have been diagnosed:
  • Glow Plugs on cylinders 1 & 2 are knackered.
    • I priced two genuine glow plugs online at around £110 for the pair. Land Rover are quoting £617.29 plus VAT (parts & labour)
  • Gearbox selector module has an internal fault and needs replaced.
    • I found a used one for £100 and new ones for around £350. Land Rover are quoting £879.01 plus VAT (parts & labour)
  • Wiring under drivers seat is causing the airbag warning light.
    • From what I've read this is a very common issue down to a poor design, where the loom or connectors get damaged or loosen from the drivers seat moving back and forward when easy entry is selected. Priced a brand new loom at around £100. Land Rover are quoting £340.80 plus VAT to remove the seat and investigate with potential further parts and labour costs depending on what they find.
So total cost so far is £2204.52 (inc VAT) + their initial diagnostics charge which must be around £200.00.

They emailed all this to the MD of the supplying dealer along with their technicians report at 5:30pm yesterday. He responded at 08:00am this morning authorising them to go ahead.

All along the way, I've literally not had to ask for or push for anything. They've been very accommodating and proactive throughout. To be honest, I am absolutely gob-smacked (in a good way).

Senna11

Racing Driver
Wee update on my recently purchased Range Rover Sport for anyone interested.

It has been in at the main dealers since Thursday last week and the following faults have been diagnosed:
  • Glow Plugs on cylinders 1 & 2 are knackered.
    • I priced two genuine glow plugs online at around £110 for the pair. Land Rover are quoting £617.29 plus VAT (parts & labour)
  • Gearbox selector module has an internal fault and needs replaced.
    • I found a used one for £100 and new ones for around £350. Land Rover are quoting £879.01 plus VAT (parts & labour)
  • Wiring under drivers seat is causing the airbag warning light.
    • From what I've read this is a very common issue down to a poor design, where the loom or connectors get damaged or loosen from the drivers seat moving back and forward when easy entry is selected. Priced a brand new loom at around £100. Land Rover are quoting £340.80 plus VAT to remove the seat and investigate with potential further parts and labour costs depending on what they find.
So total cost so far is £2204.52 (inc VAT) + their initial diagnostics charge which must be around £200.00.

They emailed all this to the MD of the supplying dealer along with their technicians report at 5:30pm yesterday. He responded at 08:00am this morning authorising them to go ahead.

All along the way, I've literally not had to ask for or push for anything. They've been very accommodating and proactive throughout. To be honest, I am absolutely gob-smacked (in a good way).
Great service from your dealer. Car should be like new when it comes back.

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Out of interest did anyone see this weeks episode of the Crash Detectives?

Range rover hit a tree at 101mph, my god you've never seen anything like it!

Car split in half, passenger seat in lane 3, truly shocking images.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Out of interest did anyone see this weeks episode of the Crash Detectives?

Range rover hit a tree at 101mph, my god you've never seen anything like it!

Car split in half, passenger seat in lane 3, truly shocking images.

Didnt see it. I think most motors would be disintegrated by a tree at 101 mph right enough!