Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

The Range Rover Thread

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
100pc agree re the looking dirty again quickly part.

Firenze red range rover sport... would you?

I really like that, we was just about to pull the trigger on a Firenze red one after giving up on Blue, when a Loire showed up. Its easy to keep clean as well.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
100pc agree re the looking dirty again quickly part.

Firenze red range rover sport... would you?

Its a colour I like but not one I’d own.

Just dropped ours off at the bodyshop to have the new kit fitted. Should get it back later today.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Its a colour I like but not one I’d own.

Just dropped ours off at the bodyshop to have the new kit fitted. Should get it back later today.

Cant wait - I can see me buying this kit. I for one think the front and rear needs a little help. It will be either this or SVR

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Incidentally I thought the Autobiography in the old shape in white was the best !

Yes I wouldn’t have bought any other colour. I shall miss it.

Im getting a bit racked off with the dealer on this new one.

Supposed to be collecting today but I’m on the verge of telling them to shove it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Already painted up?

Yup. Looks great. They've done all the vents in gloss black to match the upper grill instead of having it plain black plastic. Also painted the rear exhaust trims in gloss black as well.

Only thing they're not doing is wiring up the DRL loom. They were a bit nervous about messing about with the cars wiring. They're leaving that in the engine bay. I then need to connect to the fuse box and take a piggy back from one of the sidelight wires going to the headlight plug. The DRLs dim when the side lights/headlights come on the same as the OEM DRLs do. Only drawback from not fitting the kit myself is that I need to take one of the airboxes out to get access but thats still less hassle than removing and fitting two bumpers.

My missus has just driven my car to work (for the first time ever). After telling me I'd nothing to worry about, she attempted to drive off with the handbrake on and then had to phone me to ask how to get the DCT box into Park (even though I'd already told her three times before she left...) 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Cant wait - I can see me buying this kit. I for one think the front and rear needs a little help. It will be either this or SVR

I agree. I get where they're coming from with the OEM set up as the car is designed to actually be able to go off-road but the sad truth is that bar a couple of ropey carparks or fields, our car never will. The SVR kit is a pain in arse and mega expensive. Also seems a lot harder to come by 2nd hand on the pre-facelift model. I keep seeing SVR bumpers for the newer version.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
I think you are more excited than me, and I am excited!

Damn straight!

Anything RRS I am all over it.

You seen the light bar from powerfuluk? What you reckon cheese or yes please?

P.s I saw a blue rrs for sale today. It was just stunning. Sadly out of my budget.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Handing to the body shop to get it fitted and lined up properly was a good idea.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That text reminds me of the time when I tasked my body shop to fit a Snide CSL bumper, he said this piece of sh1t bit of plastic that resembles a bumper, are you sure its for the E46 M3 and not a completely different car !

They spent hours on getting it right Sanding, filling, finishing and fitting !

Sounds like they are nearly there with yours though Stone (y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That text reminds me of the time when I tasked my body shop to fit a Snide CSL bumper, he said this piece of sh1t bit of plastic that resembles a bumper, are you sure its for the E46 M3 and not a completely different car !

They spent hours on getting it right Sanding, filling, finishing and fitting !

Sounds like they are nearly there with yours though Stone (y)

I had a moan at them last time when I got them to do my bootlid and they're kind pulling all the stops out this time. Pulled the Spectrometer out for the paint match, told me the bumper had some ripples and they weren't happy so did some work on it and now issues with the fitment. I'm not really sure if it's as bad as they're making out or if they're laying it on bit thick.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Houston we have a problem...

The fog lights won’t fit into the new bumper. The brackets for them are too deep and foul the intercooler pipes. So trying to work out a solution to get them in there or ditch them altogether (without having two bit holes in the bumper).

So we’re nearly there but not quite.

E0FDCEF7-86E4-4C18-A136-9C2598B889F7.jpeg
8E57BC1F-7400-4CA5-83F4-979883F96E10.jpeg