Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Just saw this. Great post above.

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Ok then by way of an intro, had been searching for a second car but with a very specific set of requirements based on my previous car history. The only trouble was the combination I was looking for isn’t that common so I had to wait however eventually found one that ticked the must have boxes which was this.

C13C430E-6A32-435A-A57F-EC1841F49803.jpeg

It was missing some of the spec I wanted but beggars cant be choosers and part of the reason for getting a second car was to have something that I could do stuff to over time as a bit of a project / hobby and learn in the process (I have no experience of servicing or modding cars).

After I picked it up I drew up a list of things i‘d like to change (mainly cosmetic) and then started researching how to do these came across this thread which has been a brilliant source of information and inspiration. So have been quietly lurking in the background but have avoided posting as no surprises many of things i had on my to do list have already been done on here.

So far I’ve changed the mirror caps for black ones, had the filler cap painted black and had the mmi updated to the latest software including Apple car play and got some new new mats on order as well as giving the whole car a ma chine polish all of which is pretty basic stuff.

Separately I decided to focus on the interior and the first item on the list was to change the centre console to carbon to match my old TTRS. Painting the insert to match the car was also on the list (honestly) so decided to do this as well as fit hill hold at the same time.

Completed this yesterday - it turned out to be a much larger job than I realised and had no idea I’d have to take half the interior out to do it. Anyway here’s a couple of pics of the job in progress and the finished result which I was well happy with given I’ve never even attempted anything like this before and everything still worked when I put it back together.C13C430E-6A32-435A-A57F-EC1841F49803.jpeg14A4F97F-03DC-40E3-B75C-2A235FBCACF8.jpeg708F7841-A440-4163-85AF-63670690757F.jpeg1E6E6800-C999-49F8-AB36-3960AEFFACD9.jpeg2CA88061-B722-468F-A33A-9317E70D5E46.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ok then by way of an intro, had been searching for a second car but with a very specific set of requirements based on my previous car history. The only trouble was the combination I was looking for isn’t that common so I had to wait however eventually found one that ticked the must have boxes which was this.

View attachment 2626

It was missing some of the spec I wanted but beggars cant be choosers and part of the reason for getting a second car was to have something that I could do stuff to over time as a bit of a project / hobby and learn in the process (I have no experience of servicing or modding cars).

After I picked it up I drew up a list of things i‘d like to change (mainly cosmetic) and then started researching how to do these came across this thread which has been a brilliant source of information and inspiration. So have been quietly lurking in the background but have avoided posting as no surprises many of things i had on my to do list have already been done on here.

So far I’ve changed the mirror caps for black ones, had the filler cap painted black and had the mmi updated to the latest software including Apple car play and got some new new mats on order as well as giving the whole car a ma chine polish all of which is pretty basic stuff.

Separately I decided to focus on the interior and the first item on the list was to change the centre console to carbon to match my old TTRS. Painting the insert to match the car was also on the list (honestly) so decided to do this as well as fit hill hold at the same time.

Completed this yesterday - it turned out to be a much larger job than I realised and had no idea I’d have to take half the interior out to do it. Anyway here’s a couple of pics of the job in progress and the finished result which I was well happy with given I’ve never even attempted anything like this before and everything still worked when I put it back together.View attachment 2626View attachment 2627View attachment 2628View attachment 2629View attachment 2630
Awesome foursome now!

Vegas is lovely, and we have a vert now. @Frizzley this forum can be dangerous for your wallet!

I really want to do that Carbon and colour coding, but taking half the interior out is a right turn off!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Another Vegas! For someone with no modding experience you’ve done a cracking job so far!

Car is looking well! Did DaveB do your carbon for you?

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Is the carbon done on your original centre console then?

I bought another off eBay and then had it hydrocoated in case I damaged my original getting it out or didn’t like the result. Also meant I could keep using the car until I was ready to change it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I bought another off eBay and then had it hydrocoated in case I damaged my original getting it out or didn’t like the result. Also meant I could keep using the car until I was ready to change it.

Gotcha so its dipped ?

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Gotcha so its dipped ?
Yep and then finished with a couple of coats of 2k lacquer. Got the door handles done at the same time.

Only found out about it recently so decided to give it a try. Loads of different patterns to choose from plus you can change how dark / light you want it but altering the colour of the base coat.

this one is a bit darker than the one I had in the TTRS but apart from that it’s difficult to tell the difference and it’s the fraction of the price of a genuine OEM set

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yep and then finished with a couple of coats of 2k lacquer. Got the door handles done at the same time.

Only found out about recently so decided to give it a try. Loads of different patterns to choose from plus you can change how dark / light you want it but altering the colour of the base coat.

this one is a bit darker than the one I had in the TTRS but apart from that it’s difficult to tell the difference and it’s the fraction of the price of a genuine OEM set

What TTRS did you have?