Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
It seems yellow TTs are like buses, you wait ages for one and then 3 show up :ROFLMAO: This has to be one of the best MK3 pages on any forum, the cars are all next level.

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
TTRS was an impulse purchase - was actually looking for an S5 and after 6 months, the cons had started to outweigh the pros of owning it. By chance was flicking through Autotrader and found Audi had released a bunch of pre registered launch edition S5‘s. Made a few calls and a deal was done.

Separately always wanted to have a car that could be a bit of a hobby / project. This year to I finally got around to doing something about it and got the TTS to run alongside the S5.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
TTRS was an impulse purchase - was actually looking for an S5 and after 6 months, the cons had started to outweigh the pros of owning it. By chance was flicking through Autotrader and found Audi had released a bunch of pre registered launch edition S5‘s. Made a few calls and a deal was done.

Separately always wanted to have a car that could be a bit of a hobby / project. This year to I finally got around to doing something about it and got the TTS to run alongside the S5.

Interesting. I’m in the same boat. Wanted the TTS as a hobby car. I used to have an RS5 but got out of it at the start of the pandemic as things were looking uncertain. Loved it. Did a fair bit to it as well. My mate had the S5. Which sounded better than the RS5 due to it only haven’t one turbo instead of two.

8EB9A410-82D4-4989-8478-951427CA4FE8.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
So today i had this fitted,

372C1770-22BB-4643-BDF2-68D07D1F9440.jpeg

Top shout out to Moonstone, i had never heard of this function before. But after half a day i am sold. The auto electrician that fitted it said that the install guide kindly written by moonstone made the install very straight forward and he was finished in 40 minutes.

Cheers Moonstone.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
So today i had this fitted,

View attachment 2646

Top shout out to Moonstone, i had never heard of this function before. But after half a day i am sold. The auto electrician that fitted it said that the install guide kindly written by moonstone made the install very straight forward and he was finished in 40 minutes.

Cheers Moonstone.

Denso

Glad it helped out! Definitely a nifty option worth having IMHO. Especially given the cost.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Did the rear badges today as they both turned up. Think they look better!

I am going to wrap the rear diffuser myself (or give it a go) so I have ordered the 3M Gloss black. I have also ordered the TTRS front grill, and mirror covers, but its coming from Wuhan, so it will be a week or so wait.

Front de-badged ready, think it looks good! !

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Did the rear badges today as they both turned up. Think they look better!

I am going to wrap the rear diffuser myself (or give it a go) so I have ordered the 3M Gloss black. I have also ordered the TTRS front grill, and mirror covers, but its coming from Wuhan, so it will be a week or so wait.

Front de-badged ready, think it looks good! !

Nice choice of mods, all you need now is the bonnet vent. It takes 2 brave pills to cut through the bonnet :eek:

Denso

Attachments

• 1F52C872-A5CE-40F6-ACE1-C68116FE292D.jpeg
    1F52C872-A5CE-40F6-ACE1-C68116FE292D.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 11

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Nice choice of mods, all you need now is the bonnet vent. It takes 2 brave pills to cut through the bonnet :eek:

Denso
Ha - I'd need about dozen brave pills and then I'd probably pass out or get shaky hand man syndrome.

I shit myself drilling the holes for the spoiler!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well that's the back Chrome trim wrapped, and the rear finished. Incidentally I was quoted £240 to have this wrapped and I did it (and it came out really well) for £22

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well done! That’s how my car came. With the chrome bit wrapped in black but I got the whole thing painted black including the grey bit.

Ps - I hate to say it but your new TTS badge looks wonky. Is one T higher than the other?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well done! That’s how my car came. With the chrome bit wrapped in black but I got the whole thing painted black including the grey bit.

Ps - I hate to say it but your new TTS badge looks wonky. Is one T higher than the other?

LOL yes It is, tried to twist it a tad but its gone back. To be honest I think the aftermarket badges are a bit shite and to big, I might just go badge less!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
The last owner of my car decided to repaint the factory red calipers yellow but whoever has done it made an arse of it. A very dull yellow and a bubbling finish. So whilst putting my spacers on I decided to rub them down and re-do them properly with proper Caliper paint. This VHT branded stuff is excellent. I’ve been using it for years now.

I’ve got TTS decals to go on but I’ll wait till the paints proper cures before applying them.

View attachment 2108

View attachment 2109View attachment 2110View attachment 2111View attachment 2112View attachment 2114

hi. Is this as straightforward as the pics? Sandpaper then spray on that’s it?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Is it expensive to get the red on top of the block redone?

I just spent a fortune on it, It cost me £600 to have the plenum and Cam covers done. Its a special paint and process that also needs to take the heat the Engine makes!

hi. Is this as straightforward as the pics? Sandpaper then spray on that’s it?

I did mine after @moonstone, and that's all I did, the devil in the detail is prepping and masking up, the painting is the easy bit!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The TTS has been at the detailer all week for a 2 stage machine polish and ceramic coating. Looking forward to collecting it tomorrow and will get some photos up.

Final bits for my parking sensors retrofit are due to arrive and I know what I’m doing with this, so hopefully weather permitting I might get that done with the new grill next weekend.

Last edited: