Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
On another note, thinking of giving the car some mechanical TLC. Looking at get the haldex and DSG services done along with an oil change. Anyone any idea of likely prices for these. Car has only done 24000 miles but is coming up for 5 years old now.

Denso

According to my service history the following was done at 37k miles (car was just under 6 years old).
  • Inspection with Oil Change
  • Dust & Pollen Filter
  • Gearbox Oil
  • Oil for all-wheel drive Coupling
  • Spark plugs
I don't have paper receipts though so can't tell you what it cost but at least you can see what the full service entails as well as age/mileage required.

I'm booked in with @YorkshireSouthWalesVAG to have my DSG box and other bits updated to the latest firmware. Apparently the DSG update takes care of the car getting bogged down sometimes when you expect it to upshift.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
According to my service history the following was done at 37k miles (car was just under 6 years old).
  • Inspection with Oil Change
  • Dust & Pollen Filter
  • Gearbox Oil
  • Oil for all-wheel drive Coupling
  • Spark plugs
I don't have paper receipts though so can't tell you what it cost but at least you can see what the full service entails as well as age/mileage required.

I'm booked in with @YorkshireSouthWalesVAG to have my DSG box and other bits updated to the latest firmware. Apparently the DSG update takes care of the car getting bogged down sometimes when you expect it to upshift.
Brilliant, thanks.

The DSG update makes a big difference especially with the map.

Denso

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
Looks good, I want to paint mine, I got a great finish on the Tips so I am confident I can get the same on the cap.

How is it removed Denso, It can't be as easy as undoing the Allen bolts surely, I thought they where fake ?

Had mine painted - no issues so far .

The ring bit is dead easy to remove by just unscrewing the 6 Allen bolts - note each one has a rubber cover around the outside of the head.

The cap is a bit more fiddly and is removed by insert a small flat bladed screw driver into a slot on the back in The second photo below

18EA3480-905E-4DD0-B421-BCB2780C2935.png55915F08-AC1D-4395-9BD3-810833857598.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

The ring bit is dead easy to remove by just unscrewing the 6 Allen bolts - note each one has a rubber cover around the outside of the head.

The cap is a bit more fiddly and is removed by insert a small flat bladed screw driver into a slot on the back in The second photo below

View attachment 2829View attachment 2831

Thanks for that. Next job to do!

Frizzley

Tyre Kicker
Drives
TTS Roaster
On another note, thinking of giving the car some mechanical TLC. Looking at get the haldex and DSG services done along with an oil change. Anyone any idea of likely prices for these. Car has only done 24000 miles but is coming up for 5 years old now.

Denso
Was quoted between £210 - £270 for gearbox oil change depending on choice of oem or genuine audi parts / £150 for a haldex oil change or £210 with a new filter from Awesome GTI in Manchester . Not looked any further but that should provide a starter for 10.

Mines previously had the haldex done by Audi si I’ll did out the paperwork tmz and see what they charged for it

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives

View attachment 2829View attachment 2831
Wish I had known this when the car was in for paint, would have pushed them to do it.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Was quoted between £210 - £270 for gearbox oil change depending on choice of oem or genuine audi parts / £150 for a haldex oil change or £210 with a new filter from Awesome GTI in Manchester . Not looked any further but that should provide a starter for 10.

Mines previously had the haldex done by Audi si I’ll did out the paperwork tmz and see what they charged for it
This is great, thanks.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Booked in with audi £377 for Haldex and DSG services. Mileage is low for DSG but going to get it done early. I had the engine oil and filter done in June so will hold off these until after winter.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ill get this done as well

In the meantime, here is a better shot of the Zausts after a clean today. More need to get the cap painted!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Had my haldex, ecu and TCU software remotely updated to the latest firmware tonight (ODIS required). Look forward to taking it a decent run tomorrow to see what difference it’s made. Hoping to see a difference in the DSG.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Every time I see this I have an urge to buy lowering springs!

I have never drove another TTS only an RS, which felt more smoother, but did not corner so flat. I would try and hold off and try keeping the original ride quality. But then again I have just lowered the Ferrari, made it more comfortable and spoilt the preciseness of it, all in the name of looks!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I have never drove another TTS only an RS, which felt more smoother, but did not corner so flat. I would try and hold off and try keeping the original ride quality. But then again I have just lowered the Ferrari, made it more comfortable and spoilt the preciseness of it, all in the name of looks!

Ride comfort is what's put me off so far but with it being more of a toy than a daily driver, I'm leaning towards doing it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
If its a toy then I have to say its pin sharp, so Ill keep the pictures coming so you look at springs again ;)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Aye you going to get black bolts or leave them silver.

I was just going to do them, was thinking yellow, but might be to much, Ill probably just blow the heads in black, but then again they might look more authentic if they are left as is!!

Oh, Jesus, decisions !!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
New expansion tank fitted yesterday as started getting the stop engine check coolant warning.

41D4C97D-9E3C-47E7-9B6B-692B0D5074BD.jpeg

Denso