Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Thinking of treating myself to some wheels - Opinions please?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I am getting some subtle upgrades done over the winter and I thought I would look into new alloys and maybe going bigger ready for next year. I really like the Scuderia wheels and I see quite a few people on the owners club are going BBS F1R. Just wanted some opinions if they look right and are a worthy upgrade, the reason I like these is they are close to SCUD wheels and are really light weight and you can tell in the drive apparently.

Car as it stands

BBS F1R

BBS F1R in twenties !

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Ooer.

If you want a treat, you want a treat, but do like as is mate.

If you 'need' them, go BIG :cool:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ooer.

If you want a treat, you want a treat, but do like as is mate.

If you 'need' them, go BIG :cool:

Thanks and I know what you mean, I keep looking at them and think they look a bit aftermarket and a bit to modern for the car. I do want to change the standard wheels for next year (I wont sell the originals)and I just might just go safe with OEM Scuderia alloys.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
BBS FI-Rs are fucking beautiful wheels. I’d love to have them on the M5 but in 21s they’re the guts of ten grand!

If it were me and I could afford to them, I’d have them on the Ferrari in a heartbeat. I can’t believe I’m saying this but they look too big in that second pic. Can’t believe those are 20s!

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
As The Revenant says: as it stands looks perfect and IMO OEM Scuderia will provide an alternative perfect look but the last thing I’d want is to go too big, gold or too new as it may appear that you’ve selected a wheel you really like rather than a wheel to compliment the car you really like.

Challenge wheels look fantastic too.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
As The Revenant says: as it stands looks perfect and IMO OEM Scuderia will provide an alternative perfect look but the last thing I’d want is to go too big, gold or too new as it may appear that you’ve selected a wheel you really like rather than a wheel to compliment the car you really like.

Challenge wheels look fantastic too.

Thanks, looking at the pictures do you think they look wrong (to big or to modern) especially in the 20's.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
They're nothing wrong with the wheels that are on it presently to be honest. They still look pretty current to my eyes.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Thanks, looking at the pictures do you think they look wrong (to big or to modern) especially in the 20's.
I think the F1Rs are a timeless design and would suit the car, just not in 20” guise. I can’t see how they wouldn’t have an impact on ride quality and overall handling of the car.
Gold is a personal choice; It doesn’t look bad… in my humble opinion.

JMS

Pit Crew
I really want to like them... Just not sure for me they suit the car. much prefer OEM