Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tom Hartley Thread on Pistonheads

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

1. Pistonheads interviews Tom Hartley, the colourful, Glaswegian Supercar dealer based in Swadlincote. Tom Hartley has two sons, both involved in the business, has written a book called "The Dealmaker" which some say gives good insight about his attitude.
2. Timing of said interview is highly dubious given that a notorious thread about a purchase of a Ferrari FF from the above has just been revived. Said thread is highly critical of Tom Hartley, and references Instagram messages from his son threatening to visit the OP/Purchaser etc. It should also be noted for balance that the OP uses some racially derogatory language about Hartley and his boys.
3. In amongst all this, it surfaces that the Ferrari FF in question has been traded into a McLaren dealer and a subsequent inspection buy an interested buyer has revealed all sorts of defects needing attention.
4. McLaren dealer dumps into BCA auctions. Nobody buys it.
5. Seems that Tom Hartley is on damage control with the above interview being released by Pistonheads and highlighted on their Facebook feed, which only serves to highlight the thread in question more as people link to it!
6. Tom Hartley wheels in the solicitors to the thread's OP and they send letters threatening action for defamation.
7. The story continues...

It's a big old read, but worth the time before it inevitably gets yanked by PH.

Tom Hartley reviews on Google make for some interesting reading also.

*** DISCLAIMER *** - Before anyone thinks of suing me, I'm simply posting facts. I've no personal experience of Tom Hartley. Have never been a customer or dealt with his sons.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I must have been under a Stone or something "Ooer" but I'm not aware of this.