Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Tonesters MINI F56 2016

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
Bought back in December pretty bog standard.

Image (2).jpegI belive the colour is thunder Grey

Image (3).jpeg

Pretty Bog Standard, the previous owner had a go at dechroming but for some reason only done a 1/3 of the car so i dechromed everything that was left on the exterior and interior to gloss black. Next thing to get done was to add apple car play as it was speced with the bog standard 8" non touch screen. No nav and the bog standard I-Drive features.

Image (1).jpeg
Was a fairly easy job to be fair and decent value, still no touch screen but full carplay with google maps made a huge difference.

Image (4).jpeg
Previous owner never specd an armrest which houses a wireless charger and the USB on baord was not powered so added an aftermarket wireless charger which actually looks more OEM than some of the OEM parts!! ANd then the addition of the Carbon knob and alcantara gaitor.

Image (6).jpeg

Next was the wheels just a simple gloss back refurb and got rid of the diamond cut, cant decide on what aftermarkets i want but more than likely a job for the summer. Sits on 18" and the runflats really dont help what is already a very firm ride. Also not too happy with the wheel position 5-10mm spacer would improve the look for sure.

Image (12).jpeg

Next was the SPlitter and Skirts from Tripe R CompositesImage (15).jpegImage (13).jpeg
Put the splitter rods on (temporarily) cut them down and added 3M tape but didnt like them so removed couple of weeks later.

Then stuck some black carbon exhaust tips on which i actually really like the look off they will stay im sure even after the planned exhaust upgrade.
Image (7).jpeg

It was then time for some new rear tail lights, I went with the GP3 concept unit. pretty easy install with minimal coding via bimmercode. Image (20).jpeg

A quick paint of the engine cover sees me done until the remap and still undecided if i go straight to stage 2 with some hardware upgrades or just the remap for now as the wife also drives it at the weekends.

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
Bought back in December pretty bog standard.

View attachment 3003I belive the colour is thunder Grey

View attachment 3004

Pretty Bog Standard, the previous owner had a go at dechroming but for some reason only done a 1/3 of the car so i dechromed everything that was left on the exterior and interior to gloss black. Next thing to get done was to add apple car play as it was speced with the bog standard 8" non touch screen. No nav and the bog standard I-Drive features.

View attachment 3005
Was a fairly easy job to be fair and decent value, still no touch screen but full carplay with google maps made a huge difference.

View attachment 3006
Previous owner never specd an armrest which houses a wireless charger and the USB on baord was not powered so added an aftermarket wireless charger which actually looks more OEM than some of the OEM parts!! ANd then the addition of the Carbon knob and alcantara gaitor.

View attachment 3007

Next was the wheels just a simple gloss back refurb and got rid of the diamond cut, cant decide on what aftermarkets i want but more than likely a job for the summer. Sits on 18" and the runflats really dont help what is already a very firm ride. Also not too happy with the wheel position 5-10mm spacer would improve the look for sure.

View attachment 3008

Next was the SPlitter and Skirts from Tripe R CompositesView attachment 3009View attachment 3010
Put the splitter rods on (temporarily) cut them down and added 3M tape but didnt like them so removed couple of weeks later.

Then stuck some black carbon exhaust tips on which i actually really like the look off they will stay im sure even after the planned exhaust upgrade.
View attachment 3011

It was then time for some new rear tail lights, I went with the GP3 concept unit. pretty easy install with minimal coding via bimmercode. View attachment 3012

A quick paint of the engine cover sees me done until the remap and still undecided if i go straight to stage 2 with some hardware upgrades or just the remap for now as the wife also drives it at the weekends.
Also done the steering wheel which has made a huge difference.

Attachments

• 33E604EF-C9F1-49A2-A952-3F3C02CF9B0C.jpeg
    33E604EF-C9F1-49A2-A952-3F3C02CF9B0C.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2A6F9BCC-5B4A-4DF6-9E17-A335B7B90292.jpeg
    2A6F9BCC-5B4A-4DF6-9E17-A335B7B90292.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 6

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I do and I'm selling it mate

Thanks I’m looking at one tomorrow, I’m a bit of a spec monkey, so although you car is lovely, i want certain options like HK, Pan roof, XL packages etc. I know all irrelevant but it’s just me.

how’s the car been, what is the F56 like and why are selling?

Tonester

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BMW M340d
Thanks I’m looking at one tomorrow, I’m a bit of a spec monkey, so although you car is lovely, i want certain options like HK, Pan roof, XL packages etc. I know all irrelevant but it’s just me.

how’s the car been, what is the F56 like and why are selling?
Totally get that mate. It's been great, a great drive. It really does handle like a go-cart. Only selling as I'm looking for a van for my side business. Had big plans but shit happens and plans changed if I did keep it the plan was to get it to 350bhp (a massive project) but planned to be in it for the long haul.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Totally get that mate. It's been great, a great drive. It really does handle like a go-cart. Only selling as I'm looking for a van for my side business. Had big plans but shit happens and plans changed if I did keep it the plan was to get it to 350bhp (a massive project) but planned to be in it for the long haul.

thanks for the feedback have you had the older Minis, I have not had an F56 but they get good reviews and being BMW seem to be more reliable and just as good to drive though bigger and heavier?