Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Washed the whips...well one of them...

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
It looks as if I've washed both motors but the truth is the M4 hasn't moved since I washed it last week, so when the snow melted off it the other day I just went over it with quick detailer (using Gyeon at the moment). The Rangey was filthy so I gave it proper going over, including steam cleaning the interior.
I'd ordered some of that Bilt Hamber Touch On (see my other thread) and tried it out today as well. Very similar idea to Carpro Hydrofoam and Gyeon Wetcoat. Same sort of beading with it. The true test will be durability I suppose.

Anyway, I'm well chuffed with the shine on both of these:

IMG_8973.JPEG

IMG_8974.JPEG

IMG_8975.JPEG

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Looking very slick!

I have a s13+ to use for cutting a refining as the abrasive agents reduce down to create a finer and finer paste as the machine passes over the panel.

Had great results on German paint. Using a medium pad with a flex 3401.

Whats the paint like on the RRS?

What did you use?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Looking very slick!

I have a s13+ to use for cutting a refining as the abrasive agents reduce down to create a finer and finer paste as the machine passes over the panel.

Had great results on German paint. Using a medium pad with a flex 3401.

Whats the paint like on the RRS?

What did you use?

Ive not done anything other that wash and seal it so far. I'm going to give it a proper polish in the summer I think but overall the paintwork is in pretty good nick.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Ive not done anything other that wash and seal it so far. I'm going to give it a proper polish in the summer I think but overall the paintwork is in pretty good nick.
Yes looks beaut.

I have yet to see the car. So I am assuming to hit it with the full works.

Check out that vid I posted in the graphene vs ceramic thread. Around 21mins.

You can really see how much more "slippery" the ceramic is vs the graphene. The gloss meter just slides right off the panel.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Yes looks beaut.

I have yet to see the car. So I am assuming to hit it with the full works.

Check out that vid I posted in the graphene vs ceramic thread. Around 21mins.

You can really see how much more "slippery" the ceramic is vs the graphene. The gloss meter just slides right off the panel.

Saw that in the other thread but not had a chance to watch it yet. I'll have a wee look at that later. (y)