Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What is the best car you have ever driven ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The best does not necessarily mean the most expensive, but what is the best car you have ever driven and why ?

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I drove it in Maranello, when spent a few days there when touring the museums and supercar factories etc.
let’s start with the sound, going up to that high red line, everything felt raw and noise came right in the cabin. The feeling loading the chassis coming of a tight roundabout heading up a slip road was fantastic , and it was so easy to drive.
Son got out with one of the hire companies drivers, we got a video, to say he nailed it was an understatement , I said to the driver they said was their best, give him an experience he won’t forget, well he certainly did that after seeing the video, the car is fantastic and one of Ferrari best cars in modern times for me.
Driving around past Ferrari factory and out in hills in Maranello it just don’t get much better for a holiday than that for me

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I drove it in Maranello, when spent a few days there when touring the museums and supercar factories etc.
let’s start with the sound, going up to that high red line, everything felt raw and noise came right in the cabin. The feeling loading the chassis coming of a tight roundabout heading up a slip road was fantastic , and it was so easy to drive.
Son got out with one of the hire companies drivers, we got a video, to say he nailed it was an understatement , I said to the driver they said was their best, give him an experience he won’t forget, well he certainly did that after seeing the video, the car is fantastic and one of Ferrari best cars in modern times for me.
Driving around past Ferrari factory and out in hills in Maranello it just don’t get much better for a holiday than that for me

Thats sounds awesome, something I would like to do and visit one day !

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
911 Turbo on one of those track day experiences was the 996 I believe.

Biblical car and solidified my want for one immediately.

Robinho21

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2 brits and a German
Track car - Jaguar JP-LM at PalmerSport

Incredible, an even better experience than the F3000 cars they us there.

Road Car - McLaren P1

Utterly mental pace, incredible noise, and an event of epic proportion

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Track car - Jaguar JP-LM at PalmerSport

Incredible, an even better experience than the F3000 cars they us there.

Road Car - McLaren P1

Utterly mental pace, incredible noise, and an event of epic proportion

Wow - you are a lucky man having a go in a P1, was that part of a package when buying your LT?

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
I drove a 360 Ferrari on a red letter day once but it was a pants course and I dont think I really got of second gear so I couldn't say if it was the best or not!

Probably have to be my M4 then for me.

I've been in some really nice cars but not had the pleasure of driving them.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Fastest driven: 458, 570s

Best passenger: Enzo at Dunsfold, a well driven 996 GT3 Manthey at both the ring and Spa.....although one of the most memorable was a 993 TT X50 on Shropshire A-roads when mates dad had one new.

Best all round driven: sorry, but all factors considered (balance, fun, road & track) I think it might well be a CSL.....although 458 is def up there. I need to get out more !

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
That’s fantastic, passenger rides with race drivers are great, my young lad was taken up Goodwood hill in an R8 flat out they are on another level, with braking for sure, I was taken round brands in touring car , same at knock hill was great with slicks on warn day grip was another level.
was that the top gear test track? As I have been there on my travels?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Hi there

was a customer day at Dunsfold from my dealer - drove 720s, Senna, and P1.

Passenger laps at the end from a former LM24 winner, crazy pace !

View attachment 381
Absolutely awesome.

The trouble with me is, after a monster crash as a passenger in an Evo, I am now a lousy pussy passenger, so I bottle any fast passenger rides. Prior to the crash I was lucky enough to go shotgun with Will Gollop in his 6R4 at Lydden Hill. Crazy car and driver, most of it I was looking out the side windows!

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
Difficult one as I’ve driven thousands owing to my dad owning a car business and me working for VW for a while.

Best I’ve ever driven is probably my brothers S1 Elise or either of my Honda S2000s, they just made me feel alive driving them, neither are the fastest, most expensive or exotic that I‘ve driven but they weren’t the criteria.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Difficult one as I’ve driven thousands owing to my dad owning a car business and me working for VW for a while.

Best I’ve ever driven is probably my brothers S1 Elise or either of my Honda S2000s, they just made me feel alive driving them, neither are the fastest, most expensive or exotic that I‘ve driven but they weren’t the criteria.
Both of them are a good drive to be fair.