Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What is your definition of a Supercar ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
For me, its a little easier - it was or is a car you or your kids put on your wall, screen saver, or the likes, it was something that draws a crowd, that makes people stop, stare or snap there neck to look at. Something that's parked and is photo'd, or Video'd by others. A car you see once in a blue moon and when you do you say "did you see that" I am not sure Porsches do that, they go under the radar a bit, most just see it as a Porsche unless you are into cars and in the know.

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Well I would sneak it in just, what about the new Corvette C8 carbon tub etc? There is only an imaginary line, but then comes the snobbery, that I see occasionally with Porsche cars, I was going to be doing a charity event with car and my AMG C63s Coupe was no good but a Caterham and a Basic Cayman was fine, you had to pay fee to charity as well.
it seems some see any Porsche as a special sports car?

No Porsche are not super cars with exception of the million pound models which are.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
No Porsche are not super cars with exception of the million pound models which are.
The local GT2 RS the red one I would be astonished if that’s not a supercar if I’m honest fair enough it ain’t in the V8-12 , but the tech and performance gets it up there, IMHO, 918 In the next level above supercar two local here

StuartK

Chief Engineer
The local GT2 RS the red one I would be astonished if that’s not a supercar if I’m honest fair enough it ain’t in the V8-12 , but the tech and performance gets it up there, IMHO, 918 In the next level above supercar two local here

RS models are super cars.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
A few years back I never understood Porsche alert from classic stuff, but after milling over cars looking at them and at Goodwood and speaking to owners, I started to appreciate what they are about and can do

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
RS models are super cars.
Even a GT4 , there is where I have a line to me it’s a special sports cars , but not a supercar, but that’s just how I view it, after spending time researching and looking at Porsche cars in more detail, I had no interest in them up until last few years, apart from old wide body stuff.
I must admit meeting Magnus Walker in Aberdeen, and following him on FB, got Me looking at the brand closer , he is such a great guy that inspired my son with his humble beggingS in Venice beach a place we visited a few years back while touring about US

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Even a GT4 , there is where I have a line to me it’s a special sports cars , but not a supercar, but that’s just how I view it, after spending time researching and looking at Porsche cars in more detail, I had no interest in them up until last few years, apart from old wide body stuff.
I must admit meeting Magnus Walker in Aberdeen, and following him on FB, got Me looking at the brand closer , he is such a great guy that inspired my son with his humble beggingS in Venice beach a place we visited a few years back while touring about US

A GT4 is not a Supercar, its bloody good car for the money, but no list £65k car with relatively low bhp is a Supercar, especially a Cayman !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
A GT4 is not a Supercar, its bloody good car for the money, but no list £65k car with relatively low bhp is a Supercar, especially a Cayman !!
Yes that’s same as me, it’s a fantastic sports car, but that’s the line

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
That Fezza was at the Rodeo Drive Concurs event, we’re some fantastic cars, was visiting relatives that stay in LA and I did loads of car museums and show, also remember pimp my ride? We went in past young lad got owners autograph and had a good bore about the customers cars, was great fun