Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What is your definition of a Supercar ?

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes it’s not the best looking thing I have seen, the Green Lamborghini won the show, but paint was shocking , believe it or not one of the judges was Brewster as I call himlol

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
To me they are more GT in Fezza line up than Supercar for me, perfect to drive about the Italian country side roof down taking in the sound , rather than nailing it up the mountain passes in Italy I would want to be in the 458 that’s only how I see it though.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
To me they are more GT in Fezza line up than Supercar for me, perfect to drive about the Italian country side roof down taking in the sound , rather than nailing it up the mountain passes in Italy I would want to be in the 458 that’s only how I see it though.

You have put me off getting another now !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
You have put me off getting another now !!
:ROFLMAO: look at the money I have saved you, get the 458 that’s what I would want, but hey it’s your money and you that knows what meets your needs best.
The festival of speed car parks are often great places to appreciate cars as well.
I think GT cars are sometimes easer to live with though , but hey the 458 seemed very easy to live with on my very short excursion, I could listen to the sound track all day and it pilling on the rpm

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
:ROFLMAO: look at the money I have saved you, get the 458 that’s what I would want, but hey it’s your money and you that knows what meets your needs best.
The festival of speed car parks are often great places to appreciate cars as well.
I think GT cars are sometimes easer to live with though , but hey the 458 seemed very easy to live with on my very short excursion, I could listen to the sound track all day and it pilling on the rpm
Do you think an F430 is a GT car ?

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes i do see it as GT car, after my many trips cars n coffee and speaking to couple of owners locally, but a car is what it is to you and not to what’s others perceive it to be for me, but this is an exception in the 430 line up that gets over the line into Supercar, I was at launch in Frankfurt

again that just my perspective, after seeing them in Italy and at events and speaking to staff on show stands about cars, but for me it’s all about driving and the experience it gives you with ownership. Sorry for poor quality out of focus shots they put lights out and I did not have my flash, that was 2007 Frankfurt show was fantastic show, was at conference in Birmingham and seen cheap flights and hotel for weekend so on a hop I went to Frankfurt, lovely city with friendly people , was myself but ended up having lunch with a few German petrolheads was a fantastic cheap trip.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yes i do see it as GT car, after my many trips cars n coffee and speaking to couple of owners locally, but a car is what it is to you and not to what’s others perceive it to be for me, but this is an exception in the 430 line up that gets over the line into Supercar, I was at launch in Frankfurt

again that just my perspective, after seeing them in Italy and at events and speaking to staff on show stands about cars, but for me it’s all about driving and the experience it gives you with ownership. Sorry for poor quality out of focus shots they put lights out and I did not have my flash, that was 2007 Frankfurt show was fantastic show, was at conference in Birmingham and seen cheap flights and hotel for weekend so on a hop I went to Frankfurt, lovely city with friendly people , was myself but ended up having lunch with a few German petrolheads was a fantastic cheap trip.
I get where you are coming from, but having owned one, its far from a GT car. It was the cheapest Ferrari at the time though!!

I miss mine !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
That’s the good thing about owning one, you get to better understand how it meets your requirements , but supercars over last 5 + years have evolved hugely in my eyes, and we are looking at performance know that could only be dreamed off a 10 to 15 years ago in my book.
I love the 488 I think they look fantastic

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That’s the good thing about owning one, you get to better understand how it meets your requirements , but supercars over last 5 + years have evolved hugely in my eyes, and we are looking at performance know that could only be dreamed off a 10 to 15 years ago in my book.
I love the 488 I think they look fantastic

Hmmm. Turbo Ferrari's are not my thing, better, faster yes but its lost its soul. Don't think time matters with Supercars !

Last edited:

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Hmmm. Turbo Ferrari's are not my thing, better, faster yes but its lost its soul. Don't think time matters with Supercars !
That’s the good thing we Petrolheads all see things differently, but just love to get out in our cars, or bikes for me at present 😂
yes the turbo engine has polirsed option with diehard NA fans, I have to say the twin turbo in my AMG was a good example of a great turbo engine if I’m honest

Robinho21

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2 brits and a German
When the term was first coined in the 1970s it was pretty straightforward

2 doors

Same number of seats

Low to the ground

Mid engined

Expensive

Usually Italian

Now it’s much harder to

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
When the term was first coined in the 1970s it was pretty straightforward

2 doors

Same number of seats

Low to the ground

Mid engined

Expensive

Usually Italian

Now it’s much harder to

Completely agree hence the post (y)

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
What about these cars...

Audi R8
Porsche 911 Turbo S
911 GT3
Maserati grand tourismo
M4 GTS
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ferrari California
M3 CSL
M5 CS

Probably the top 3 only on thay list.

Rest are a combo of impressive cars which could be considered super car killers.

Imo