Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What the heck is sprint/boost mode...?

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
Reading something about a new 2 series (230i I think it was) and the review mentioned a sprint/boost mode that it had, but did not really go into any detail...

Now, I don't think I have this on my M135i, so what is it and how does it work...?

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Reading something about a new 2 series (230i I think it was) and the review mentioned a sprint/boost mode that it had, but did not really go into any detail...

Now, I don't think I have this on my M135i, so what is it and how does it work...?
Kick Down? šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Probably a new term they've come up with for it.

PORPMG

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Porsche Macan S
Porsche has a button on the mode wheel on those cars with sports chrono that has a similar effect. Basically, it sets a more powerful map for a set time. Bear in mind in most cars these days, standard maps are set with an economy and emissions bias