Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What would be your getaway car?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I remember back when I had a 993 C4 that it was the perfect size and had everything I would want if I were being chased by the ‘po-po’.

I think in today’s world it would be an M2 or an RS3.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
911 992 Turbo S its got all basses covered..

Weather
Speed
Cornering
Reliability
Fuel range

You could probably find an overall faster car, but you would not really want to go into Limp mode, or via the dealership during the chase!

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Depends what you're getting away from.

IfI was robbing large screen telly's, the Porches wouldn't work...

Me, RS4 Avant to cover a nice wide range of criminal activities.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Absolutely!

The 4 is big enough and has a better element of control for me.

Still a car I must own.

Going off topic a bit - What I love about these cars C7 / B7 RS6/4, E92, C63 and other cars like this, is that they have done all their depreciation and if anything will rise in value. I tell people to dip your toe in and have a Hoon, is to find a good one, get a 0% credit card for a 9 months / year term, buy the car, enjoy, sell after a nice summer with it, and you would have saved up with the monthlies you have paid. A mate did exactly this recently with a Porsche 996 C4S over 8 months, did 7k smiles in it, and made £2k on top when he sold it.

The one problem he had, is he did want to keep it !

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
The RS4s and 6s just sound too big to be able to negotiate twisty turny chases through cities. Similarly those flared arches of the turbo 911s will require some due care and attention.

For me it has to be able to take from a heist in town to a mix of A and B roads, some motorway and maybe a bit of dirt track too.

Just think how you’d feel doing a 20 year stretch because of the lack of ground clearance you selected or a narrow route you couldn’t fit your arches through.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The RS4s and 6s just sound too big to be able to negotiate twisty turny chases through cities. Similarly those flared arches of the turbo 911s will require some due care and attention.

For me it has to be able to take from a heist in town to a mix of A and B roads, some motorway and maybe a bit of dirt track too.

Just think how you’d feel doing a 20 year stretch because of the lack of ground clearance you selected or a narrow route you couldn’t fit your arches through.
How would you feel if you where doing said stretch because Your 280 bhp 993 C4S could not pull the skin off a rice pudding!

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
1636539617104.png

Depends on what we are nicking obviously but come on we all know how it works, plus you get 2 diversion cars to boot 🤣

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
M2, Golf R or RS3 for me.

Some 25ish years ago that 993 C4 helped get the skin pulled back plenty!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Probably an RS3 for size vs power. Best would be a Honda CRF450 though, no one should ever get caught on one of those! :)

Senna11

Racing Driver
RS6 with Nitrous. Plenty of room for all the Swag! Or old Volvo estate with discreet roll cage and uprated engine and ancillaries.