Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What's been happening?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
This place is like a morgue now. I think that it's safe to say that there's no real room on the internet for a non-brand specific forum to succeed these days. Not without masses of support and paid for advertising.

Very different for niche websites. I'm spending more and more time on FB and Whatsapp groups these days which are far more active than any of the forums that I'm on.

Pistonheads is the go to place for non-brand specific chat on the net outside of that, it seems. The rest is all brand/car specific.

Regardless of how quiet it gets I'll keep it up, for all the How-To-Guides etc. Maybe it'll bounce back a bit, who knows.

Anyway, thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing and what you're all up to. I've got some updates on my R8 to post up shortly but I'm waiting for a couple of things to happen first.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I keep looking in but not much happy car wise with me at the moment Or anyone else it seems for that matter. I will update my build thread once the new wheel finally gets fitted.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I keep popping in, but it is like you say a morgue and its not attracting the right members to get involved. I have always thought the name of the forum is wrong!

I could update loads, but I'm sure it looks bad when only 1 or 2 on here post and its all about look what I have done or bought! I suppose it could come across (or feels like) to be seen as showing off rather than passion petrolheadness!

Not sure what's the best course of action, and not sure if the name can be changed to something more attractive, exciting and easier to spell for others to find! Its got all the right ingredients and look, just think the branding is wrong!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I keep popping in, but it is like you say a morgue and its not attracting the right members to get involved. I have always thought the name of the forum is wrong!

I could update loads, but I'm sure it looks bad when only 1 or 2 on here post and its all about look what I have done or bought! I suppose it could come across (or feels like) to be seen as showing off rather than passion petrolheadness!

Not sure what's the best course of action, and not sure if the name can be changed to something more attractive, exciting and easier to spell for others to find! It’s got all the right ingredients and look, just think the branding is wrong!

The name is irrelevant to be honest. Could change it to anything you like and it wouldn’t make any difference.

People find the forum when searching for terms that are found within content on the site. If it were a brand specific members club that would help but everyone has different makes and models of car.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The name is irrelevant to be honest. Could change it to anything you like and it wouldn’t make any difference.

People find the forum when searching for terms that are found within content on the site. If it were a brand specific members club that would help but everyone has different makes and models of car.
I'm just giving feedback, and branding is so important, I think it will, needs to be something punchy, memorable and cool. We are referred to as Douchespeed on another popular forum!

I don't know how its done mind, if it can at all!

Petrolhead Forum !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I'm just giving feedback, and branding is so important, I think it will, needs to be something punchy, memorable and cool. We are referred to as Douchespeed on another popular forum!

I don't know how its done mind, if it can at all!

Petrolhead Forum !

It wouldn’t have any impact on visitor numbers at this stage and it would actually damage our rankings in search results. All car forums are in decline compared to ten/twenty years ago. TT forum, Cutters etc they’re all down. Younger people aren’t using forums these days. It’s all Facebook, instagram, WhatsApp groups etc.

I’m on FB groups and WhatsApp most of time. The American groups are more active as they’ve got many more users.

Senna11

Racing Driver
I wouldn’t write off that the forums model just yet but need a certain critical mass to make it viable. Not all will be working on cars or modding to the extent that some do but still interesting to see what others do.
Did however machine polish the wifes Mini using Scholl one step, came up a treat and used Gtechniq ceramic coat. Bought a Tornador to try with the air compressor on the carpets. Anyway need to do the interior so plan is to steam clean, polish some of the minor scratches on trim, deep clean the leather then use the wear and dry on the carpets.
Mini wanted £700 for lifetime coating and said that doesn’t include any polishing!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I wouldn’t write off that the forums model just yet but need a certain critical mass to make it viable. Not all will be working on cars or modding to the extent that some do but still interesting to see what others do.
Did however machine polish the wifes Mini using Scholl one step, came up a treat and used Gtechniq ceramic coat. Bought a Tornador to try with the air compressor on the carpets. Anyway need to do the interior so plan is to steam clean, polish some of the minor scratches on trim, deep clean the leather then use the wear and dry on the carpets.
Mini wanted £700 for lifetime coating and said that doesn’t include any polishing!

Yep would never get a dealer to apply any coating.

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
Ima boring twat and can never think of anything to write.... that and i never do any decent mods!

I could update loads, but I'm sure it looks bad when only 1 or 2 on here post and its all about look what I have done or bought!
talking of which, whats the story with the MX5 - was half expecting it out the door by now and somethinng new arriving?

Must admit, nearly 1year in on the M3 and still think i would be as happy with the old MX5 i had.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ima boring twat and can never think of anything to write.... that and i never do any decent mods!

talking of which, whats the story with the MX5 - was half expecting it out the door by now and somethinng new arriving?

Must admit, nearly 1year in on the M3 and still think i would be as happy with the old MX5 i had.

Erm... yeah... its still here, wish I could fit in the thing properly, 10 minutes in it and I have blisters on my knees Stu style!

I was told if you where over 6ft, you won't fit, and guess what.....? I don't fit!

Its still here and For the 10 minutes I am in it, its a riot, near perfect little car to drift with a great gearbox! Ive not got round to outing yet I have been busy doing house stuff.

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
yeah, i think the Mk3 was the most roomy of the MX5's. At 5'11 i am fine ina Mk4....but only just!

still love that colour!