Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

What’s your worst (best) road-rage experiences?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Ive had a couple of crackers. Most recently it was on the RS5. I was in the outside lane passing traffic leading up to a merge-in. Guy in a van decided to floor it as I was passing him and I didn’t realise what he was doing till late. I passed, he ended up having to slam on the brakes. The guy then sat on my arse and tried to pass me on the inside just as I pulled over to take my cut-off.

The dickhead then followed me all the way home. We stopped at traffic lights a few times and he did nothing but I realised that he was following me when we got in a tight street round from my estate. I normally drive really slowly on this particular street as it’s on a bend and there’s lots of parked cars. The guy slowed to a crawl and almost stopped. I think at that point he had second thoughts as he would have been trapped. Anyway as I then turned into my estate he kept going and the road layout meant that he had just doubled back on himself and he would have taken an earlier junction to get to where he was now headed. Freaked me out a bit. Had a dashcam so kept the footage with his reg just in case he came back to pay me a visit but nothing ever came of it.

The best ever one though was much earlier. Almost twenty years ago when I had my Scirocco. Some young guy cut me up at a round-a-bout on the motorway. He was in a Fiesta ST. The fucker then sat in the outside lane in front of me parallel with a car in the inside lane so I couldn’t pass.

I was getting pretty irate and he was laughing his head off and making wanker signs out his window. As we came to slow down for a set of lights he decided to floor it to get through them and attempted to undercut another car as he did.... but failed and bounced the side of his car off another in the process.

I passed the resulting carnage and saw the expression on his face as well as a quick glimpse of the brick-shithouse of a man getting out of the the car he hit....

Even my wedding day and witnessing both of my children being born cannot compare to the happiness I felt as I cruised past the resultant carnage wearing my best impression of the Clarkson smug face.

7E2DEC4D-64A4-4681-B235-28CC3EFA238D.jpeg